Notices

Disaster has happened.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Disaster has happened.

I was doing pretty well, holding my new job down well. It's all gone wrong since Christmas Ended up on a 6 day bender which I am jut coming out of. Tried to stop drinking last night but ended up so anxious and panicky I'm sat with a beer. I just want my normal life back. I bought a 4 pack but I'm pouring the rest out.

I can't really tell anyone either. Preparing to buckle down for a long night and hope I feel better in the morning. Then I can sort out were I went wrong but for the minute I just need to get through the day.

So frustrated
Old 12-31-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope You'll be OK, Grindilow. Take care of Yourself.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Well I'm sure you have learned something from this.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try to learn from your seperience by asking yourself questions like: What made me take the first one on Christmas? Next time arround that I feel like I can have one, what can I do to avoid falling into the trap?

Don't beat yourself up, just dust off a keep going.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Get straight back on it, Grindilow! And good for you for pouring the beer away

You can do this!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Grindlow (((((hugs)))))

Been wondering how you are doing been missing you in the September group

Well done for pouring the rest of your beer out
You can get through tonight and tomorrow you will feel better
xx
Old 12-31-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello grind hey buddy accidents happen people fall off the wagon but you didn't throw everything away tomorrow's a new day stick with it. How is your driving lessons been?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, the last time I relapsed might have been the best thing that happened to me. I'll never forget it and it drives me to stay sober! It also helped show me my triggers. You can use this as a great learning experience! Hang in there!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...lly-again.html

If you get through this detox, please read this thread the next time you think you want to pick up.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good job pouring out the beer. Regarding your statement that you can't tell anyone, you may not have an option. And most likely people know anyway. Unless you never leave the house and cut all forms of communication off, it's not possible to go on a multi day bender without others knowing.

I say that not to dispute your claim, but to point out that most cannot do this alone. We need help. And until we accept that fact, the only thing we "can't" do is get sober. Perhaps SR is your anonymous help..maybe something else. I hope you can find the strength to make today a sober day and open yourself up to the wide array of support that is here on SR and also elsewhere
Old 12-31-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, Grindilow. Sorry you've had a rough time. Good on you for stopping now. Yes, you'll probably feel anxious after this, but it will get better in a few days.

Keep in the fight-- and if you need another weapon to help you fight alcohol, there are lots of resources out there. Glad you're here posting.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Grindlow well done for getting rid of the drink. Be good to yourself and dont beat urself up. Relax , pray , mediate whatever helps. Your not alone. Im finding today hard going. Comebback to the September's we have missed you x
Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there Grindilow! You're doing good with your new job
Like the others have said, you can learn from this bender. Focus on making it through the night first, then one day at a time. Play it safe, avoid triggers if possible.
I'm playing it safe tonight, will log in regularly.

Please take care
Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Grind ~ hang in there. You can turn this around. Reach out for help.

Come rejoin us in the September group. The group has missed you!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Positive Energy

I am new to the site and have had my ups and downs. I see the struggle that some are going through and can feel it with them. The one thing that I have felt during my short time here is the positive energy from so many that comes across, particularly when someone is struggling. It has already made such a difference to me.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Grind, I will repeat what all our fellow Septies have said: we have missed you and would love it if you would come back and join us. We have all had rough spots over the holidays, some big, others minor, but everyone gets it. We want you to succeed in getting back on track and we know you can do it.

Take care of yourself, Grind!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone. I agree I will come back to the September group. Need to get back on track.

Nearly bedtime now so I will go for an early night and hopefully feel better tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
totfit

Hope you get in bed and get some sleep and get over this. For me it is not complicated. I used to bang my head after lapsing and do inventory and try and figure out what in the world I was missing and how I happened to wind up on a binge and feeling like I did again. Well, I finally figured it out. Each and every time it was the same thing.....I took a drink. For whatever insane reason, the only reason that I wound up in the mess again was that I took that drink to begin with.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well I thought I was having a bad day. Strangely I don't feel so bad now.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, but you can beat this thing one day at a time. Just remember: God helps those who help themselves.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by totfit View Post
Hope you get in bed and get some sleep and get over this. For me it is not complicated. I used to bang my head after lapsing and do inventory and try and figure out what in the world I was missing and how I happened to wind up on a binge and feeling like I did again. Well, I finally figured it out. Each and every time it was the same thing.....I took a drink. For whatever insane reason, the only reason that I wound up in the mess again was that I took that drink to begin with.
Thanks for that, I totally agree. It's much easier to not take that first drink than stopping drinking once I've started.

I read somewhere before about someone who referred to themselves as having a broken alcohol off switch. I see a lot of comparisons to me in that. This time I'm hoping to just take out the batteries, if you forgive the analogy.

New year new start