Notices

Still Alive and Beating PAWS!!!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Alive and Beating PAWS!!!

Hello Everyone,

I never thought I would be writing this but I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

It has been one year since I quit drinking and started dealing with major PAWS! I am doing very good!

I am writing this to thank everyone that was there for me when I needed to talk to someone at the darkest time in my life!

I also want to let people that are going through PAWS know it will get BETTER!!!!

It takes time, it could be a few months or it could take two years. But the intensity of the PAWS will decrease.

You really should prepare for this to last for two years. But remember, you will have good days, weeks, and even Months. The bad times will last less and less over time.

Just don't get too comfortable with the good feelings until you have about two years under your belt. I did and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was living in hell from Dec. 28th 2013 until July. I had good days, but for me they only lasted maybe a few days. Then in July I really started to feel good and it would last for a few weeks. Then I would feel bad for a day and then feel good again.

From around Oct. to Dec. I felt fine. I thought it was gone and then it blind Sided me on Dec. 9th 2013, all the Anxiety, Tingling,Hopeless feelings all came back for no reason and lasted for about 3 days. The good thing is, once you start dealing with this you realize it will get better and it makes it easier to handle.

I have been feeling great again since this last episode and know if it comes back I will be able to handle it!!!

Just remember, you won't die when you are going through this!!! And you will want to do things again!!! You will enjoy life again!!!! You won't want to die!!!!!
The hopeless feelings Will go away!!!!

If you are dealing with PAWS and scared, contact me!!!

TRUST ME, IT WILL GET BETTER!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish more people knew this. We all, naturally, want to heal quickly and when we quit drinking we expect immediate results. But it took me a really long time to get my legs back under me...and yes, I can see 2 years being a realistic time frame to rid oneself from PAWS symptoms.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you have beat the paws!

I'm early in recovery, not sure if It's the cloud but my mind wonders around.
I'm doing coffee, and boiling water for tea, then snap out of it and wonder why the f I'm boiling water. I find it funny as hell! LOL!

2 years, let's see... 20 years of abuse, the rest of my life sober, sounds like a pretty sweet deal! Sign me in! ;-)
Old 12-29-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats. Newto recovery as well. Your feedback is helpful to newbies although I hope my experience is much shorter!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not everybody gets PAWs, and some of us only experience it for a day or so here and there - but I'm glad those who really suffer come out the other side too.

Glad you're doing better Bob - congratulations on your year

D
Old 12-29-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Glad you have beat the paws!

I'm early in recovery, not sure if It's the cloud but my mind wonders around.
I'm doing coffee, and boiling water for tea, then snap out of it and wonder why the f I'm boiling water. I find it funny as hell! LOL!

2 years, let's see... 20 years of abuse, the rest of my life sober, sounds like a pretty sweet deal! Sign me in! ;-)
Yes thepatman, that happens a lot to me as well but it's getting better! And that is great that you can laugh at it because dealing with this PAWS is a lot easier when we understand that these things are happening because of PAWS and that they will get better!

Glad you are making it!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blackhawkfan View Post
Congrats. Newto recovery as well. Your feedback is helpful to newbies although I hope my experience is much shorter!
Thank you Blackhawfan, watching The Bears right now!!

I was hit hard with PAWS, not everyone has it as bad as me. Some people shorter, some people not at all. I was diagnosed with it by two doctors and have done extensive research on it. It was a rough road for me. I truly didn't think I was going to be able to make it!! I know there are probably people that are just as bad as I was and I want you to know; IT GETS BETTER!!!!!

Everyone who is dealing with this and having a hard time, read my other posts when I first started going through this. You will see how bad I was. If I can do it so can you!!!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Not everybody gets PAWs, and some of us only experience it for a day or so here and there - but I'm glad those who really suffer come out the other side too.

Glad you're doing better Bob - congratulations on your year

D
Thank you Dee!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad to hear