Notices

Today was great! Back on track.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today was great! Back on track.

I found the courage to tell an old band mate about my problem with alcohol and other things in my life that I've been dealing with, followed by a nice 2 hour jam session. My drinking was never a secret before, but I told him it was a problem I am dealing with. He's one of those people who can some how drink socially, and a well rounded hard working family man. Back in our band days my drinking was an issue and part of the reason we stopped playing. So, it was nice being able to open up to someone I have a lot of respect for and enjoy being around. We capped of the night by making plans to jam again next Saturday. I'm going to a 10:30 am AA meeting tomorrow.

I woke up feeling so disappointed in myself because I drank yesterday. I didn't let it get me back into my old routine. Instead I reached out and had a great time. It's been a while since Ive been excited about playing guitar, so being creative today was a major boost as well.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are making steps in the right direction I think. Glad you are getting back on the right track.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great news! Pretty incredible to read that you found the courage to share what you're experiencing with your friend! Happy, too, to hear that you had a good time playing your guitar! Sounds like an amazing day!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a good day. You don't have to stay down because you drank yesterday and you've made a choice to move on. Good for you!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Brilliant!! very positive response to yesterday Serotonin! keep pushing through and you'll get there!!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

Hey Serotonin, I saw you post earlier today where you mentioned jamming with your old mates, I play guitar in a band myself, today we set up at the drummers house for our annual new years bash and I was pleasantly surprised that after only 2 weeks back off the alcohol my vocals were awesome.
Didnt mean to dump in your thread, just thought Id share that.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Old 12-28-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkydog View Post
Hey Serotonin, I saw you post earlier today where you mentioned jamming with your old mates, I play guitar in a band myself, today we set up at the drummers house for our annual new years bash and I was pleasantly surprised that after only 2 weeks back off the alcohol my vocals were awesome.
Didnt mean to dump in your thread, just thought Id share that.
It's a good feeling to revisit something that gave me so much joy, as I'm sure you felt with your singing. I work on musical instruments all the time as a tech, but when drinking never really had much motivation or concentration to take the time to enjoy playing for myself.

Looking foreward to my meeting tomorrow and spending more time sober with my guitars and mandolin. Plus tomorrow night my son will be staying over. Excited!