The One Who Strives For Independence

Old 06-15-2004, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The One Who Strives For Independence

Hi everyone, you have all been so supportive of my efforts to deal with my codependency problem. I have had a great day...my husband understands (sort of) and is behind my efforts. My daughter called in to tell me where she was going after work..(after all these years of control, I have her well trained, lol). I said fine and was simply pleasant in my conversation. It will take a while for things to happen for me to try my wings at not going off the deep end to the rescue. I just hope I am up for the task. I am really trying hard. I joined a health club today...women only...you work out at least 30 minutes a day for at least 3 days..more if possible..it is only 5 minutes from my house. i did this as a treat for myself. i also picked up the strawberry cake with real strawberries in the iceing from the lady i ordered it from...it cost almost $20 but will be worth every delicious bite...that was another be good to myself treat. After I finish the cake I am going to resume the Weight Watchers diet...I can count points with the best of them. I am determined...now lets just pray that I can walk the walk...thanks again for all of your advice and understanding and caring...it is phenomenal that you have all of those things to give to a total stranger. You people are fantastic...and this is my favorite site on the net. It has been the only one I have visited for the last 2 or 3 days. I hope you all have peaceful and productive days this week. love....frannie
Old 06-15-2004, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frannie
After I finish the cake I am going to resume the Weight Watchers diet...I can count points with the best of them.

Oh Frannie, you and I come from the same place...I swear we do.
I'm glad you had such a great day, that's so good to hear.
Gabe
Old 06-15-2004, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just wanted you all, especially Gabe, to know that the cake is just out of this world. It is moist beyond belief. But I am serious about the diet..carrying around this extra 10 or 15 pounds makes it harder for me to breath...I tend to gain the weight around my upper chest...right over my diaphram...makes breathing difficult at times. I have had open heart surgery twice, have an artificial heart valve, other than that everything heart wise is great, blood pressure,etc. But I am susceptible to congestive heart failure..when fluid collects around my heart...so I do really need to get serious about my diet. But i am having a good day. my husband thinks I should not spend so much time on the computer at this site...but he really has no clue...he finally said that if it helped me that was fine. He is always afraid i will become obsessed with things...which of course...I do. That is why i am trying so hard to be free of my codependance..I better go and have another piece of the cake...the better to get rid of it sooner.