Notices

A friend noticed something about me today

Old 12-27-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A friend noticed something about me today

A great friend of mine came by my office today to say hello. I see him often and text most days to say hello, how's the day going. When I got home tonight, I get a text from him asking me if I am ok and that I seem a little "off" lately. Really? I have been smiling, much happier these past 8 sober days! Maybe he's not used to seeing the old me coming back and used to his tired,hungover friend. I don't know, but I did admit to him that I have a problem and I am working on it. He was shocked and said he had no idea! I seriously don't know how I hid it from everyone for so long...I looked like crap all the time and had to have smelled of old wine. Guess I am a good faker. But no more....feels amazing to be smiling and laughing again.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff BT

D
Old 12-27-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And it gets better my friend.
Day by day it gets better.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's so good to know...that it gets better and better. I keep reading that so many suffer anxiety and boredom. I'm hoping to avoid those side effects. So far, so good
Old 12-27-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have had a few friends not know me lately. I am different now, as are you. They will adjust to the new us, i promise For me, it is one of the good things about the change. I didn't like who I was or how I felt before, and I am glad others are noticing too I have also had a couple of people who don't seem to like the new me, so I guess I have lost those "friends".

I am doing this with or without anyone else's approval, and I hope everyone does the same.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Interesting that people see the changes in us and don't quite know what to think about it! Glad you're feeling better after several days of no wine. Keep it up!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's great!! . . . I guess there are people that knew us prior to our drinking days and those that only came to know us during our drinking days, depending on which, depends on which personality they got to know! . . . even I had started to forget who I really was with the numbness of alcohol!!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done for being so positive, you are doing so well x
Old 12-28-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep it going and well done!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Smiling and laughing is key I think. One can be sober and miserable or sober and happy happy happy.

About hiding it at the office, I was good at that also. Even pulled a management promotion. LOL!
Old 12-28-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have had numerous people say I look so good now, "did I not look good before??"I sure thought I was hiding it well but it turned out that everyone knew what I was always up to...lol And with being in Colorado, you are a very luck soul....if things get tough just hike Pikes Peak and say hello to god!!

have a great day and keep smiling

Matt