Notices

goodbye sr

Old 12-27-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

goodbye sr

Goodbye SR friends, ive decided to request my account be deleted.

all the best for 2014, stay safe and sober and thank you to all who have been there for me.

LL xx
Old 12-27-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lorelei

Why ? What is going on ? In any case, whatever you choose to do, may you find peace, happiness, serenity and sobriety.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA member

Will miss you lorelei,I don't know what else to say except I wish you well.

Please return if you think it would be helpful to you.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure why you've decided this.

If it's because you drank again, I hope you'll reconsider.

SR is one of the best places you can be if you're struggling - lot of support, understanding and lots of ideas on what else you can do.

You have a lot of friends here who want to help - why not tell us a little more about whats going on?

D
Old 12-27-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah there's no consequence to still having an account and not logging into it, you'll always have it here if you need it again in the future!!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If it's because you are sober then I can understand, but if you have a hard time right now reach out.

I don't know you personally, but it's like family here. We leave no one alone in the trenches. Hope you reconsider, people like me at 21 days need you.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cards on the table ive had an odd glass of wine here and there,
ex is back on the scene
and im still struggling after the treatment for my pit tumour,

I should be grateful im alive,
yet im on self destruct.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In light of that answer, I think this is probably a great place to still have around, isolation away from a support network is not what is needed, instead SR gives nonjudgemental, encouraging and understanding support!! . . . a vital resource in tough times!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

dont go!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

You wouldn't be the first alcoholic on self destruct, Lorelei

I was hell bent on self destruction too - I hated myself and sure enough I gave myself what I thought I deserved.

I had to learn to look at myself without prejudice, and then be comfortable with who I was. Counseling helped that process no end. So did a goodly period of not drinking..

I think the solution lies in more support tho, not less

You seem to have a lot of emotional things going on at once - have you yourself considered some kind of counselling?

If SR is not enough for you why not look at a few recovery groups for more face to face support?

D
Old 12-27-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I agree sr is amazing, but im not very deserving of the kindness ppl show. I can't keep a grip on my sobriety and I can't talk about it either, iknow isolation is dangerous but I just want to hide away
Old 12-27-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You are very much deserving of the kindness people show!! We all are!!! You have shown many a kindness to others too!!!

It's hard for most of us to talk and open up....for me it comes in bits and pieces....and I haven't shared much about "me" here yet either, but I come and learn and take away volumes... and help when I can with a few words here and there.

It is the best I can do for now and no one seems to mind :-)

Stick around and read and chime in when you want.... And when you ask and need us we will be here...

Stick around!!!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Lor, i dove into every bottle I drank trying to find my way to invisibility and isolation.... It's not there!! It only leads you further and further away from what you want and need. You deserve SR, wether you know it or not you and your story have helped many, and continuing will compound that.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Are any of us deserving? . . . the welcoming arms shown to everyone without judgement when they join regardless of our pasts is incredible!

SR is great just for reading too, you don't have to post, passing time simply reading posts can also help! . . . you might maybe feel different in a few days, you never know!!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree sr is amazing, but im not very deserving of the kindness ppl show. I can't keep a grip on my sobriety and I can't talk about it either, iknow isolation is dangerous but I just want to hide away
Addiction loves to separate us from the herd, it loves to demoralise us, make us feel ashamed and make us think we're unworthy.

You can capitulate and spend a year in a drunken stupor lurching from crisis to bigger crisis, like I did for many years...or you can feed that part of you that came here looking for help to end this cycle.

Feed the side you want to win, Lorelei
Old 12-27-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lorelei, may I make an observation? This seems like a rather black and white way to look at your relationship with SR.

If you tend to look at things in all or nothing terms, maybe this would be a good opportunity for you to experiment with not reacting in black and white thinking? You could do that by just tolerating the ambiguity of sometimes coming to SR and sometimes not.

Anyway either way, you can try to end your relationship with us, if that makes you feel in control. The relief you feel will be temporary however, and if you take a step back, you can probably see that is true.

The thing is, closing your account doesn't actually end your relationship with us because it doesn't actually work that way. See, we will be here waiting whether you push us away or not.

Because that's what love is.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Please stay lorelei. We'd like to try and help you. You deserve it understanding and compassion. Leaving doesn't accomplish anything. I think it will just make things worse.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Lorelei, SR is just where you belong right now. Many of us (me included) can completely relate to what you are going through. I call it my dark night of the soul. Stick around and don't give up until the miracle happens. Why don't you join us at the 24 hours club and commit with us not to drink or drug for the next 24 hours?
You cannot change the past but you sure can take actions to have a brighter future.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4370369
Old 12-27-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
orangutan

I hope you decide to stay Lorelei.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
but im not very deserving of the kindness ppl show.
Lorelei, that's not at all true, and I hope you can find a way to believe that you are worthy. I also hope you'll stick around here. We don't have to be perfect to be part of SR. People here do care about you.