Notices

Didn't get the job

Old 12-26-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Didn't get the job

Not only did I not get the job that everyone says was mine to get, but one of the peers I work with give negative feedback about me being too quiet (which is like the worst trait in my line of work). This reason then circulated around to all the hiring managers and may have ruined my chances for all future promotions here. These people are like piranhas, when they smell blood it's a feeding frenzy. Besides feeling very misanthropic, I want to do nothing but drink myself into oblivion. I just don't care anymore. Why are humans so friggin cruel.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Journey to Freedom

Unfortunately the cruel humans tend to be the ones who have the least amount of love, peace and contentment in their lives. I'm sorry you missed out on that (I assume you had a previous post about this I missed, sorry about that) but I hope you won't let those people bring you down.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you didn't get the job Tang but please don't give up hope.
Future promotions must go on performance to some degree in sales surely?

Definitely don't drink - that's like the worst short term reaction possible, changes nothing, and hurts noone but you.

It's been a rough few days obviously - don't beat yourself up anymore.

D
Old 12-26-2013, 10:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Us Alcoholics are a VERY Sensitive Bunch- The SAD thing is, that Humans have acted this way since about the beginning of Recorded History-It seems this will Not Change. The Only thing WE Can do is to find a CHANGE within Ourselves in order to Rise Above - Prayer and Meditation is a Good Start-I know it will not give one a bigger Paycheck, but ANYTHING is better than Picking-Up...
Old 12-27-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That sucks Tang!! . . . but definitly don't drink, that will make you feel even worse, keep pushing through, and hopefully something else will come up!!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Keep your chin up. There are many mean people about but I always say I would rather be me than them. I hope another opportunity comes your way soon, you deserve it. And don't change yourself or doubt yourself because of a few mean spirited folks xxxxx
Old 12-27-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You know that drinking will not get you the job so why drink? You need to focus and do what is necessary to get the next promotion opportunity. That means being sober, efficient and super productive. You need to make it impossible for people to ignore your strengths. Don't give up ,regroup ,prove some people wrong and be the best that you can be. You can ask no more than that.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I feel for you. I went through a similar thing earlier this year. What helped me a lot was saying to myself 'I can't control other people; what I can control is my reaction to them'. Putting the power back into my own hands, and focusing on my own behaviour.
The way people behave towards you may not be about you, but them.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you friends for your kind words. I believe I am overly sensitive to what people think (a trait it seems many alcoholics share). I have to get this not drinking thing figured out as a priority now.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

It is hard to not care what others think but when you get there (and I'm not there all the time but more than I was) it is such a relief! You only have to worry about you! Maybe this wasn't a fit for you and there is something better around the corner. Maybe not. Don't give up hope though, drinking will only make it worse.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Tang, I don't take criticism well at all. I at. Me the blame for everything when often I can't change the result with the best will in the world.

Don't be too concerned, don't berate yourself too much, just brush yourself off and there will be another door that opens for you.x