Most Surreal Holiday Ever

Old 12-26-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Most Surreal Holiday Ever

It wasn't as bad as I anticipated, yet it wasn't exactly pleasant. I invited my mother and her new husband, and my disabled neighbor to join our family for Christmas dinner (myself, AH, and DD17). AH was loud, critical of me, my cooking, and very opinionated about everything. My mother seemed to be fawning over him, and my neighbor (who is aware of AH's issues) just watched the interaction, while giving me sideway glances. I had thought about letting my mother know that I am considering leaving, but I don't think I will get much support from her.
AH and I don't talk much anymore; it's as if we are both practicing detachment. Occasionally, he will wander through the house to check and see what I am doing, which I find very irritating at the moment (Uhm, it's Christmas...I'm wrapping presents).
I wish I knew what path lay ahead of me. Maybe I will catch a meeting tomorrow that is not usually available to me as I normally work during the weekdays.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Surreal.

Yeah, just this odd parallel universe.

Just Smile and wave. Smile and wave. (thanks to lillamy for THAT phrase, which is now stuck in my head).