New Today

Old 06-15-2004, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy New Today

Hello there. I have a lot of issues with my husbands drinking. It makes me very angry. I have two children and do not really want them to see this. I have attended 2 alanon meetings and i know i need to attend more. How does one know when enough is enough?
Old 06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hi mommyas,
Welcome. The decision to stay or go is up to each one of us. Alanon teaches us to take responsibility for our lives and happiness. As we apply the Alanon program to our lives, our perceptions change. We start to see that we have choices in our lives and that we aren't victims of our surroundings. This takes time. How much? Each person is different. It is suggested that we give major decisions a year, but that is just a suggestion. I decided to take it. I was ready to run when I got to Alanon. I have been working the program for 7 months, and I no longer feel like everything is bad, and I am trapped. That is my experience. I will say that it takes us a long time to get in the shape we are in when we finally seek help. It will take a while to get out. No pat answers, no quick fixes. Hope you stick around. There are a lot of people here that have gone through and are going through the same struggles. You are not alone. Hugs, Magic
Old 06-15-2004, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome mommyas -
I'm glad you're here. I have found that the longer I work the program, the more clearly I can see things and the easier it is to make decisions. I've been working on myself for about four months and my life is so much better now than it was before. I'm still with my H but I feel confident that I will make the right decision about staying or going when the time is right for me.
Stick around - lots of great people here.
L
Old 06-15-2004, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi mommyas
Welcome to SR - as lorelai and Magic have said, making crucial decisions takes time. Be content for now just to be attending meetings and the way will become a lot clearer.
Good to see ya
HugZ
Sandra
Old 06-16-2004, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for your support. I am just now learning to reach out to others for support. I appreciate your honesty with these things.