Notices

A New Year at Work

Old 12-26-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A New Year at Work

I am an engineer for a semiconductor manufacturing company, and this past 10 days (tomorrow is 10 days!) has had me thinking that I can't wait to do my job with a clear head in the new year. There hasn't been a day in a long time that I've gone to work with a completely clear head, void of the hangover haze that accompanies daily (or nightly) heavy drinking. I am on vacation this week and due back January 2nd. 2014 is shaping up to be the best year of my adult life, and all I have to do is stay clean for it to happen.

I am so very thankful that I have this chance to dig out of the dark, endless, hopeless hole of alcoholism. Sober Recovery has been amazing with its support (thank you all!). Whenever you post on these forums with positive feedback about your sobriety, you motivate people... even if they don't respond. So keep posting, everyone.

PS --> If you're new here, check out the Chat Room feature on the toolbar up above. There are a lot of good people that frequent the Recovery Connections room.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's really great Ima - I know you'll ace it

D
Old 12-27-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeap hangover free mornings make all the difference at work, the days aren't just about getting through and surviving but they can be really productive, thanks to having no alcohol the previous night!!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am twice as efficient without a hangover. Nothing seems a problem when sober and the more sobriety I have the more efficient I seem to get. It is yet another benefit if our sober lives. All the best
Old 12-27-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

PS --> If you're new here, check out the Chat Room feature on the toolbar up above. There are a lot of good people that frequent the Recovery Connections room.[/QUOTE]

I click on the chat room link and a box comes up but nothing happens. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? I have disabled my pop up blocker to see if this was the issue, but that didn't do anything. Any advice, because I would love real time chat
Old 12-27-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Great post, Imabuleva and congratulations on 10 days

I've a feeling 2014 is going to be a wonderful year for many people on this site

For me, 2013 has been a fantastic year, but not because of anything specific (apart from my sobriety). It's just that I've found I appreciate everything so much more - even myself The colours are more vivid, the sky and sea so much more dramatic, the peace so much more tranquil, and the love I feel is far, far deeper than anything I've felt before

All of this awaits you, Imabuleva. Bring it on!