Notices

Reaching out from Isolation

Old 12-26-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reaching out from Isolation

I just want to introduce. Myself to anybody out their. I've been isolating for weeks now it's as if I'm hibernating like a grizzly bear. It sucksbeing so cut off from the outside world this being my only outlet.My life sucks. I'm clean and sober almost 4 months but I'm still on prescribed medication. I've never felt so low in my entire life. People say it gets better but it fells like it's getting worse. I pray god will give me a break I feel like I'm getting punished by him.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Liam. I'm sorry you're so isolated but glad you found us.

I rarely get out so this is a wonderful place for me to reach out and not feel alone.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Liam. Hang in there. We are here to support you. From what I understand 4 months is right around the worst period and it should be getting better as time goes on. I know it seems tough right now, but know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You can do it.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to SR Liam. You'll find a lot of understanding and encouragement here. Glad you joined us.

I'm sorry for the pain you're in. I hope it will help relieve some of the anxiety to talk about it here. Four months sober is great - but it's still early days. You should continue to feel better. (I hope you've told your doctor about the bad feelings - maybe an adjustment in your meds should be considered.)
Old 12-26-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

BTW - You did the right thing by coming to SR. Keep reading and posting. It did wonders for me and I think it can for you too.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Liam - there's a ton of support and understanding here
Congrats on your 4 months.

What have you been doing for your recovery up til now?

D
Old 12-26-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Liam!

Early recovery can be very difficult at times, so I'm glad you decided to post. Have you made any changes in your life besides stopping drinking? I had to work on a lot of my issues before I started feeling better.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Not much I was attending a drug and alcohol drop in center but then began to isolate a couple weeks back. I really don't feel safe in meetings I've often left feeling worse. I was doing a tea commitment at a group but felt very unsafe and unable to share my truth their so I gave up my commitment I haven't been to a meeting since which is around a month or so. I just don't feel safe around people. I suppose I feel safe isolating away from life but at the sometimes hate my existence. I feel like no one understands me. All I can say is I have some zombies in the closet draining any thread of hope
Old 12-26-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thankyou for your responses it means alot to me.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! I hope you find solace here.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Liam, sorry you're in a bad space right now. Lots of experience, understanding, and compassion here at SR. I hope you feel better soon. You are far ahead of me in your sobriety, I just passed one month, so I can't offer much in terms of what the 4 month mark is like. But I'm out here, rooting for you. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Liam!! you'll find plenty of support here!!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done Liam. We are all different in our adjusting times, but it does get better, I promise. When I feel low, I think of some of my worst lows on drink, then my present lows don't seem anywhere near as bad. xxxxx
Old 12-27-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Liam

This really is a great place for support, especially if you feel unsafe around others. I think I know what you mean as I have a tendency to feel safer in isolation, it's scary out there. The great thing about SR is that it is anonymous so people tend to be honest, and if spending time here has taught me anything it's that there are a lot of people out there that feel like I do. People will understand you if you allow them to. Glad you are here x
Old 12-27-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glad you are here I'm hoping you start to feel a little more peace in your life soon. We are here to support you.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Been isolating all through the Christmas period its making me mentally ill. I just need to keep reaching out and hope for the best.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Liam.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Liam,
Sometimes life is difficult. When i get down I make myself go to a meeting and give it a chance. it is a we program. several of us suffer from other mental illness and it requires medication for stability. never feel bad about it for it can be devastating if you have a chemical imbalance which I do and i would never dream of stopping meds that keep me balanced. Pray and share with others even when you want to isolate. it will cause more depression. join recovery and give the we program a chance. i trust you will feel better.
please give us a chance for love and support.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

do you have a counsellor or therapist Liam?

D
Old 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Liam,
Glad you are here!