Not on my watch

Old 12-26-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not on my watch

My daughter, whom just moved back in last week, thought it would be ok to use a 9 yr olds urine to pass her drug test (in which she has to test clean to be here)...soon as I found out, 2 days before Christmas I called the social worker to let her know what happened...so the arrangement was the worker would come back here at 4:30 to re-test her...

So my daughter thought it would be ok for her to go to the bathroom 4:25, so when the worker got her, daughter didnt have to go to the bathroom anymore...cups of water later while the worker waited finally she "had to go potty" was her exact words. Daughter is 26.

So on the social workers way outside with my daughter following behind her, daughter gave her the finger...I immediately scolded my daughter, while the worker was here, told daughter she is visiting here on a day to day basis ( what the contract between us says) and that she doesn't live here, she is visiting here, and is not to be disrespectful to anyone living here or not living here.

And that I can have her leave at any moment, that its my way of living here or the highway...CHOOSE daughter and choose wisely because if you leave here there is no returning back...I only allowed her to have one bag full of clothes brought back in here, the rest are at friend(s) houses.

Tomorrow we find out the results...
Old 12-26-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am totally disgusted by this. Do not expect any clean test. If she were to test clean she would not be chugging water. I hope you fight for the rights of the 9 year old and that you stick to your guns and make her leave.

You do know that you do not have to correct the behavior of a 26 year old like she is a child. The social worker will see how she is acting and who she is and will put those items into their recommendations. It does not sound like she is in her right mind to be around any children, she is acting like one herself. Many drug users do this, they revert back to acting very immature for their age. What a shame.

I hope you are attending some sort of counseling and getting support for you.

Hugs.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She was probably hoping that the excess water consumption would produce a negative drug test. Like a pregnancy test that uses the first morning urine, it would probably be best to wake her up early in the AM to test her.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi hopeful4, actually she is a child or child like. I did forget to mention the split personality, depression & bi-polar...and her not wanting to work with the proper therapists...the kids here are supervised when she is in the same room ( her 2 kids ages 6 & 1 1/2... She got the urine from her BF's older child and I have sense talked to the child told her not to give them urine anymore and that she was being used...told the social worker who the 9 yr old was, was going to tell the mom of the child, but the child informed me that her mom was also using her urine, so reported that to the social worker as well...I have support thru my church, the have several programs there geared to help...Thanks.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No the social worker made her drink water till she felt like she had to pee again, when the social worker got here my daughter was flip of the mouth and said oh well I just went to the bathroom try again another day...we both told her no, drink up, pee now or leave...
Old 12-26-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If I were in your place, she would not be living in my home. It's obvious she has no desire to stop using, so my only focus would be on my own well being and that of those innocent children.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Suki makes a good point, and please know I have been through all this with my son, but her living at home is not working out for you or for her.

"We" (moms) are not the only solution to their problems. There are sober houses that have house rules where they cannot be irresponsible or rude, or she can try rehab and see how she makes out there...even if she has already been.

My experience tells me she will probably test dirty, otherwise she would not have tried to delay the test.

However this unfolds, my heart and my prayers are with both of you.

Hugs
Old 12-26-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

She is only here till social service places her in long term drug re-hab....all the spots are taken till mid January...which is why I told her day by day...it totally angered me that she used a child, used her urine, was testing clean for 6 weeks, but come to find out she was first using someone else urine that was on methadone, but clean from drugs...my daughter cold turkey off of the methadone after being weaned to a low dose..when the social worker found out she did this, then she knew she had to use someones urine that was not on the methadone...and then used a child, by telling her the toilet was broke, pee in the bowl...I want to slap her I am so mad but that wont fix anything...she is leaving, wont allow her back in here until she is 6 months clean...she knows.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

She has never been to long term re-hab...only out patient, which never worked.