Notices

Sponsor freaked me out

Old 12-26-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sponsor freaked me out

I called my sponsor for three days straight and got no answer or return phone call. We had plans to see each other on Christmas Eve and she was a no-show.

I was freaking out needless to say, because this was totally unlike her. Yesterday I went to the noon meeting and afterward got another member to go with me to check on her at her house.

Turns out she and her husband drove to the mountains on Christmas Eve and she left her cell phone at home. They had just returned home when we got there.

I think she was depressed about not being with her kids and grandchildren on Christmas. I hope she feels loved and not pissed at me for thinking something was wrong!

I'm a worrier by nature if you can't tell.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it was very thoughtful of you to question where she was! That's what we do for each other in the program. Hopefully that incident was a one time thing and it doesn't happen again. Availability and reliability is very important for me in my sponsor-sponsee relationship.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why would she be mad? I would not over think this too much. You were supposed to get together on Christmas Eve and she is a no show. That would be concerning for me also. I think you did the right thing.
(Inca hit the nail on the head with Availability and reliability....Both very important in my opinion.)