Notices

Day 5

Old 12-26-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

Today is day number 5 since my last drink. I've gotten to the point where I can laugh at my AV. I woke up feeling a little restless, irritable and discontent this morning and my AV said, "whether or not you drink you still feel like crap so why not drink?" I actually started laughing out loud at this twisted thought that popped in my head! I still had a hard time sleeping but it has been getting better every night, I know eventually I will be sleeping through the night again. Everyone I have talked to who has been sober for a while says initially it can suck and your emotions will be all over the place but it will get better! I'm not there yet but I do believe that will happen. I'm staying positive, going to meetings and posting and listening on SR to get me through. Just thought I would share that with everyone. Thanks for all of the insight and support!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 5!!

Yeah the first period can be quite rough, but if you get past that, things start to mellow out, sleeping, eating, emotions etc, all start to re align themselves!!
Old 12-26-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I remember thinking that exact same thing. Yesterday.

There are good days. There are not so good days. But nothing in sobriety ever feels like those days of hangovers and withdrawals that kick the snot out of you.

Five days is FANTASTIC. You are on your way.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes! Positivity can do wonders in all of this. Good job and keep at it. Thank you for posting and being apart of this forum!