Notices

time

Old 12-24-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time

time is all we got to do but sometimes I feel time is doing me. MY birthday is tomorrow and my time on this earth will be 43 years and that was time I lost. The rest of the time I have on this earth ,I will be free and the time I fight for will be mine!!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post!! It's time we took control of our lives, what we do with the days and years of our lives rather than struggling through being slaves to alcohol, letting it always dictate the state of play every day.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying" . . .
Old 12-24-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Regicide. I'm 15 years older than you and I got sober this year, you can too. Happy birthday to you, sobriety is the best gift you can give yourself.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like this, it's so true. But the time you spent is not completely wasted I think personally. Without this experience no matter how bad it was you would not think the way you do now. It's like someone that was poor growing up, in most cases they have a better appreciation for things like not wasting food.

100% of people I see on SR have their heart on their sleeves. They experienced hardship and they wan't to help others. How many would be so profound in their conviction to help if they had not battle Alcohol?
Only god knows that answer.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey regicide ,

It is possible to deal with our pasts , although it has possibly been wasted when compared to a normal person , i'm not a normal person .
For an alcoholic who's gone through what i went through i think i did alright with what i knew at the time of the world and experience . today i am not the me i was back then , i've grown .

I'm sober today and i'm learning and growing , congratulations on the 43 , keep on living life fully and soberly learning and growing

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-25-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday regicide.

I really feel I've done more in the last 7 years sober than I did in the twenty years before that, drunk.

It's never too late to start Chapter 2

D