Notices

The ANXIETY

Old 12-24-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The ANXIETY

I am on day 2 and I look back at all the things I have done and I wonder why am I like this? No one is ever going to accept me. I have done so many bad things. I am NOT someone for my kids to look up to. I feel completely hopeless.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't been happy in my marriage lately. I wonder if thats why I have been driven to this or have I not been happy in my marriage because I am like this and just held it back for so long.

My poor boys deserve better than me. So does my wife.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can't change the past, Seabee. Learn from it but don't dwell on it and don't beat your self up about it. Just work to improve now and in the future. That's really all you can control.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

If we are still breathing we are not hopeless. We all have a past and the vast majority of us not good to some or a greater extent or we would not have decided to quit drinking or using. We don't quit because life has been great while we are/were doing it. The only thing that will make the past miss-deeds fade is to being doing the next right thing and continuing on such a path over time. There are no quick fixes that will wipe it clean. On the other side of the coin it is amazing how good life can be from this day forward. No matter what or who we have or don't have it is purely and simply up to us.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah there's no point in dwelling in the past, having an addiction inevitably means the past has a lot of moments we'd rather forget.

Instead it's time to look forward, there's always hope in the future, even if at times it's not that obvious, but with time things do get better!!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Only way to know the cause of you unhappy marriage is to remove from the equation the most obvious. The rest of the answers you probably know deep down inside already.

Don't be so hard on yourself, it will not accomplish anything than hold you back. Take baby steps if you have too, but move forward.

Be kind to yourself
Old 12-24-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The anxiety and crappy thoughts that go with it is part of withdrawal. Try to stay busy, read here, take a walk, call someone. Make sure you are eating, drinking plenty of water and resting.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I know. I didn't drink for 6 1/2 years and after a few day long binge, all the negativity and everything I used to feel has come right back. I thought I was out of it's reach after so long, but certainly not the case.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

All I can think about is drinking right now
Old 12-24-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I wish my wife and kids wouldn't have left. They keep me stable. But I guess I need to find it in myself.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Push through the craving Seabee!! stay online if it helps and keep reading posts to pass the time, we're all in your corner
Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just hang on tight, change your mind, write a list of things you hate about drinking, or a list of action items you can take in the right direction.

Alcohol will only numb you temporarily. Live your emotions, don't try to run away from them. You can do this!
Old 12-24-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can beat it this time with our support. Make this your successful attempt.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Seabee - be patient with yourself. You'll feel so much better when you have some decent sober time. At least you're trying to improve your life - some never see how alcohol is destroying them. Look forward to better days when the anxiety subsides.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Seabee keep posting and reading here, it's a great help, we are all here for the same reasons, not to let our addictions get the better of us.

Be kind to yourself and as pat an says, baby steps, one step in front of the other.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome Seabee, keep reading and talking, we all know what it's like. You can turn your life around, really.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Slow down seabee - breathe - I know it's been a rough few days, but noone knows the future, least of all someone in withdrawal on day 2.

The best thing you can do is stay committed to being sober - day by day, minute by minute if needs be.

I promise you - things will get better - but you have to go through this tough detox part first...

stay close to SR - there's always support here

D
Old 12-25-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This sucks. Couldn't fal asleep till 2 AM, then I woke up 5 times having nightmares about demons stalking me. Then I get up and it's Christmas Morning and my wife and kids are still gone. Totally bummed.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Seabee, hang in there!

Try to take your mind of things, maybe go for a walk outside in the fresh air to clear the head! . . . or check out some TV to pass some time, in time things will get better.

The new sober you will hopefully bring your family back together again!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry things are so raw right now - how are you doing Seabee?

D