Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Daughter used 9 yr olds urine to test clean for drug use, to get her kids back...

Daughter used 9 yr olds urine to test clean for drug use, to get her kids back...

Old 12-23-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It was given to her by her boyfriend, whom got it from one of his older 2 kids, a 9 yr old girl. My daughter has a 15 month old and a 4month old by this guy, but they are not in her care, or his. I am raising the 15 month old. The boyfriends mom is raising the 4 month old. I also have another 6 year old boy that is my daughters I have been raising for 3 years with social service involved. I called them when my daughter tried to take her life in the bathtub while my grandson was there....lots of trials and errors and now the social worker was here today and daughter swore up & down she was clean and working on getting kids back...long story but they somehow got urine for the 9 year old girl and daughter used it today wile being tested here in my home, daughter doesnt live here she was just visiting, and boyfriend has been using the other older childs urine for himself, as he is a 5 yr old boy...I called social workers today as soon as I found out and left them a message.....will call them back Thursday when they are open again...is there anything else I should do? Ohh also will be talking to the mom & grandmom of the older 2 children to tell them what has been going on and that they need to call the police...So 5 kids all need their parents to grow up, they are nearly 30 years old, and we dont see a end in this, looks like we will be raising them forever but that is ok...Glad this happened now before she actually did get the kids back...kinda lost...both have been using drugs for at least 15 years.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR......it's a rare place where many of us can related to your experiences. It's always heartbreaking when children are involved.

It sounds like you are doing a lot to try to keep things together.....are you taking care of yourself? We're pretty big on self care around here because often family members are so very busy taking care of everyone else......that they lose touch with themselves.

Stick around, read, participate, share your experience, strength and hope and others will do the same. You're not alone.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-25-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think those children are blessed to be safe with people who are responsible and love them.

You did the right thing to report the false tests, sadly they are more common than most people think. The only accurate test is done while watching the person pass urine, or through blood or hair tests.

I'm glad you found us, we have a special place in our hearts for grandmas who are raising the children, we even have one wonderful great grandma here and she's doing a wonderful job raising a lovely little girl.

Hugs