Notices

48 hours

Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

48 hours

Hello. As of 10PM this evening it has been 48 hours since my last drink. Im sure Im not the only one here who's brain is out to get them. I have an appointment for an assessment at a IOP program at a addiction recovery center this Thursday. My brain was trying to convince me that it would be OK to drink again until then since I will be attending a treatment program. I told myself that I have made it this far why step backwards. Now is a hard time since the holiday season always revolves around parties and alcohol. I decided to come home and drink lots of detox and sleepy-time tea instead my usual 12 pack. I am planing on going to my first meeting tomorrow morning before heading off to celebrate Christmas with the family. I am also planning on going Christmas morning as well. I figure as long as a go to meetings every day until I commit to a recovery program I will stay on the right track. I haven't been hanging out with the usual crowd of friends that think the only way to have fun is to get drunk but I can't really blow off Christmas because people will be drinking. Im hoping the meeting tomorrow will help!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea for 48 hours! Hang in there for the next couple of days. If you drink before Thursday, the IOP program could send you to detox before you're allowed in the program. Not worth it. Stay on this site and keep yourself occupied until then.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A previous poster posted this but it will help:

Guide to not drinking on holidays with friends etc:

Well apparently I can't post links yet.

Can someone post the link on surviving thanksgiving?
Old 12-23-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome Sid! Keep up the good work!