No longer locked up....update

Old 12-23-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No longer locked up....update

Hello SR friends:

My husband...almost sober for 60 days is doing well. I leave the recovery to him. I don't have any energy left after 7 years of addict behaviors with my children....now young adults.

My son was released from the psych hospital (w/d from meth and synthetic mj plus suicidal intent) on Thanksgiving....he went back to the apt where his sister and friend was camped out until the eviction went through.

At the apt...according to my AD was a drug fest complete with heroin being introduced from an old "friend" from high school. The drug fest lasted about a week.

My son was jailed on an outstanding warrant for about a week. He got out and I drove him to my house for one night stay and made if very clear that this was his only night. It was....I drove him to a friends home that afternoon with his backpack and toiletries.

My daughter, over a week ago checked herself in the hospital to detox. She has really changed in her attitude. She stated that after this drug binge that she was sick of being sick. She is on probation and risked being put in jail due to the drug binge (cocaine; meth; synthetic mj). While in the hospital, I saw her after about 1 month of not seeing her. She was thin and frail looking but determined to not spiral any further. She has the tools but her mindset has changed. She doesn't want this drug life anymore. She fessed up to her probation office what has been going on.....she vows to tell them truth from now on. I allowed her to move back again...only because I feel that she is different. She is taking a first step, on her own, and taking responsibility.

Shes seen her brother and apparently they (his friends) are trying not to smoke synthetic anymore. She said he looks pretty good. Truthfully, I feel he has a ways to go.

I am hopeful for both children but exhausted being a parent to an addict(s).
Old 12-23-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey TX. Sounds like good news on the AD front! I hope she continues her path to recovery and I hope your son sees this and follows suit. being the parents of an addict is totally exhausting. I think we have aged 10 years on the past 6 months. I saw my son this morning when I dropped by his work and he told me I looked completely exhausted. I explained that is the new look. Yes, we are both exhausted and feeling every bit of our age. it wears you out mentally and physically. The constant worry, fear, dread. I hope things are starting to look up for both your children TX. I just keep praying.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just want to sent encouragement. Keep taking good care of you
Lily