Newly freed daughter not sure she wants to be free!!

Old 06-14-2004, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newly freed daughter not sure she wants to be free!!

I told you that tonight was going to be my 4th of July because I was setting myself free from the codependent role I lived for so many years with my daughter. Our discussion of the decision made by me was well received and I thought I had her help to get on board for 2 separate lives. Now I find out in small ways, expression on face, stray remark meant for me the hear . Her attitude was one of confusion that was never lookeed at. The caged bird does not want to be set free. She r o a, broemds tjtdod
t at . So stop that cicle off what moman'''''
Old 06-15-2004, 06:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Of course she doesn't want to be free. You are her enabler. If she accepts your freedom she might actually *GASP* have to grow up and take responsibility for her actions.

I read your other thread, Frannie. It sounds like you are on the right track. Remember that this is for YOU! You have a RIGHT to be free and happy. Stay strong and keep to your original plan. *HUGS!!!*
Old 06-15-2004, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's hard to get them untangled from us Frannie.
Sooner or later she will figure out what the boundaries are.
Meanwhile, you stick to your plan.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes this is a very difficult path you are starting on. Things won't change over night. Don't be hard on yourself. Be kind and patient with your daughter as well, but be firm that things are changing. If you need help, you know where to find us.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I must have written that post when i was half asleep because i did not proofread it ,obviously, and the end is complete gibberish. I am not the world's best typist.. but the gist of my remark was still there...and from now on I will proofread everything. Sorry, bet you thought i had really fallen over the insanity line with those wacky last lines. you were all very polite not to mention them me or ask what the heck I meant..you are all too kind for that!!!