Ruined anniversary

Old 06-14-2004, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Ruined anniversary

Today was mine and my boyfriends anniversary... and we made plans and I go over there and He was drunk... He starts crying saying that he loves me but he doesn't want to hurt me and disapoint me anymore and that he can't stop anymore and he needs it now and I don't know what to do. I love him so much and I don't know where to start. Please help or give advice or something... anything would be appreciated.

~A concerned Girlfriend~

~I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me~
Philippians 4:13
Old 06-14-2004, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

point him toward AA.. lead yourself to alanon. there is hope. there is true hope. good luck
Old 06-14-2004, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

hi concerned,
I can remember those days well. Just try to remember to take of you first. Find an al-non meeting in your area and attend. Even if he refuses to go to AA, and to find help for himself, you should still go to an al-non meeting. They help to keep the hope alive and have brought peace into my life. I send prayers and hugs. Keep Posting!!

Lisa
Old 06-14-2004, 08:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

This is my first day on the site and I haven't even heard of Al-non before... where can I find meetings near by... and where can I find information to send him in that direction?
Old 06-14-2004, 09:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Web site...

Just type in "Al-Anon" as a search engine, click on the state in which you live, and you will obtain a list of meetings in various towns throughout your state. First, just be aware of one thing that is written in stone: you cannot control your bf's drinking. Period. He has a disease that affects him emotionally, spirtually, and physically. It's HIS disease, not your's.

Take care of yourself. Focus on your well-being, and pray that he'll take care of himself. My heart truly goes out to you. Keep posting and reading here. Lots of wisdom to be found .....