Notices

Sponser

Old 12-22-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sponser

Text sponser after I slipped and she said you are meant to ring me before you drink which is true but she would have stopped me that's why I didn't and when I did want to ring I was to shy don't know her well so I have been texting her today and no reply I think she is angry with me cause she always texts back I just can't deal with this I left myself down and now I'm stressed cause I think she feels she is wasting her time I'm over all this crap big time
Old 12-22-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Liss,
helping another alcoholic is never a waste for me, sometimes we get busy, drop our phones in the toilet, or the dog eats them!!

stay strong and go at it one day/hour/minute at a time

Matt
Old 12-22-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try not to go to a bad place in your head liss - as Cheebie said there could be any number of valid reasons why she's not texting you back on a weekend, especially at this time of year

Try and contact her tomorrow tho - maybe phone, not text? - wishing you the best

D
Old 12-22-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here, don't make it too much of a big deal if you can. You slipped yiu slipped, just don't let it slide all the way to a full blown binge.

Take care and be good to yourself ;-)
Old 12-22-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

She will be at meeting tomorrow wasn't going was over the lot but I'm going to go then the gym
Old 12-22-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

you didn't phone before you drank. You didn't phone after, just text?

I received some dating advice...if a potential partner only communicates via text, and doesn't make the time, effort to actually call...they're just not that into you.

Now, I don't know you, but how "into" recovery are you? Is the relationship between your sponsor and you, and your sobriety worth an actual real phone call? Just some things to think about.

I think this is a situation that merits an actual phone call.

In sobriety we learn to live life on life's terms. To do the next right thing. To put our sobriety first and treat others and ourselves with respect.

I'm glad you are not drinking today, and posted here. With a little effort you can probably make this right. Continued good wishes on your recovery.