Notices

30 days sober

Old 12-21-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry 30 days sober

Hi Everyone,

I have known I have had a drinking problem the past three years or so however never addressed it until recently when I went into to detox and am now 30 days clean.

The first few days were a living nightmare and then euphoria kicked in momentarily I might add.

Been home the last fortnight and am ready to murder the uni students next door with their endless loud music during the day and night and the neighbours above me who have a crying baby (fair enough) but then they start screaming at each other at 2am! I suppose I'm feeling this way thanks to the migraines that have recently emerged in the past week and the fact I run 3 businesses from home so am unable to concentrate whilst a baby is crying in conjunction with heavy metal screaming through the wall next to me. I'm not tempted to have a drink, I'm just very, very, very, very agitated and angry which I am not normally. I promise!

Not sure if anyone went through something similar to this in the early days of recovery. Just feel completely insane.

I am going daily to NA and AA meetings, mixing them up, eating healthily and ironically quit coffee 6 months ago as it was "unhealthy"...Hmm, as if alcohol isn't!

I suppose I should be grateful that the headaches and the endless nightmares is all I got as a side effect from torturing my body for so long.

Anyhow thank you for reading, its great to find a community that can understand your pain, frustration and provide compassion in times of need.

Have a lovely festive season and stay safe!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, I was feeling a little crazy earlier tonight. Seems that every emotion is blown out of proportion lately. When I feel happy, I'm REALLY happy and when I'm down, I'm really down on myself. So I totally get it. Let's hang in there. This too shall pass.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I felt that way and have heard others describe versions of it.

Everyones a bit different but what is the same is: the way out of that is to keep on not drinking.

You may think you're in he11 but actually you are on the road OUT of it.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Xmas can be a trying time for everyone I think, recovering or not.

Having support definitely helps - glad you found us TB

D
Old 12-22-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The Bear, quite seriously, would ear muffs help or do you need to be on the phone for your businesses? Some ambient music might create some nice white noise if that wouldn't interfere with your work.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

The agitation will pass. Congratulations on 30 days xx
Old 12-22-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel for you, big time. I'm at 14 days and can't imagine having to deal with your neighbors. Just reading your post is almost making Hulk come out. Hang in there, and thank you for making me count yet another one of my blessings. I tend to skip a few.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey The Bear ,
Week 6 was a rage peak for me , driving home in the winter … i had to learn for the first time in years how to back down and de-stress myself .. Partly i had to realise that other people are just daft and inconsiderate and it wasn't personal , they have their own worries and issues that are nothing to do with me and i don't know about .

With noisy neighbours i tend to turn the telly on or put a CD on so at least i can hear my own noise .. my telly has a sleep function and the CD runs out at the end so i can wear comfortable headphones and still hear my alarm clock in the morning ..

I find a bit of physical exertion before bed helps sometimes maybe even just a power walk round the block .

Good luck with building new healthier ways of dealing with it , m
Old 12-22-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on thirty days sober!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, congrats on 30 days. Glad you have joined us.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job on 30 Days!!