Notices

info on recovery month by month

Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

info on recovery month by month

My husband is now in his 7 month of recovery, HURRAY!

He went to a new AA meeting last week and someone asked him if he was craving sweets badly yet, he is. I know recovery is a individual thing, but there must be some things similar that people go through.

Is there any info on "What you may expect when in recovery month to month, like what to expect when you are pregnant?

I think this would be useful even if not so pleasant. At least you could say others have gone through this at this stage.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Happy Happy Happy

because journeys can be so individual, I'm not sure you'll find such a thing...I've certainly never heard of it...but maybe someone else knows something?

Welcome to SR

D
Old 12-21-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, I craved them right from the start. When I hit six months they finally went away. I still like sweets, which is something that changed. I used to be able to take it or leave it. Now I take it! LOL
Old 12-21-2013, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Early on I did crave food in general, and sweets to a greater degree than normal. But I don't know that there was a timetable at all.

Welcome to SR!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The process does seem to vary from individual to individual but there is a section here which covers things like alcohol and carbs//sugar and such. You will find it here: Fitness, Health, and Nutrition - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, I just had a "powerball" moment. Explain, you ask? Well, I'm a lawyer and once one of my colleagues confessed to me that when she visualizes my brain, she sees a powerball machine--so many ideas bouncing around then, "Oulia!" I hit the jackpot. Anyway, I was thinking about conversations I've had recently where I declared that I had lost my taste for sweets, and was now a devout, "meat & potatoes gal". Reading these boards, however, I realize that I just replaced my sour patch bears with wine. Wonder what will happen once I achieve sustained sobriety...
Old 12-21-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not personally at 13 days. But I eat like a freakin bear, I guess I was Vitamin depleted. 1 Beer equals to 2 slices of white bread I hear. Empty calories.

But maybe I will transform from freakin bear to sugar bear soon? LOL!