Alone

Old 12-20-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alone

Always end result loneliness don't fit
Old 12-20-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's what the addicted part of us always wants us to think, but it's just not true liss - I know for a fact you have many many friends here - I'm sure its the same in your real life and AA too, even tho you felt ignored at lunch today
D
Old 12-21-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There are times I feel alone and it hurts. Just remember being alone does not mean you are abandoned. That is how I used to look at it.

Don't let the fear of abandonment take you to the ledge. You are not, you are just lonely. We are here for you and if we are not then pick up that phone and tell someone. I have done that before. I was just so lonely I had to talk to someone. I called five people before I got a live person. We did not talk about much, just chit chat, but it helped a great deal.

There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. If you are lonely then reach out. It can make all the difference.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
Always end result loneliness don't fit
We drink because we're lonely but we're lonely because we drink. It's a vicious cycle. What has you down tonite, Liss? Maybe it will help to put the words down in print.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree, try writing a bit, you won't be alone. Interacting with my SR virtual friends makes a world of different for me.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Liss - not alone, post here. Drinking doesn't help that alone feeling it hides it, fools it. I think back and even when I was with a room of people I was more alone then because I was drunk and not really 'with' anyone. I never want to be that kind of alone again. Being alone now gives me time to think, and now exercise which gives back the sense of accomplishment. Bottom line - your not alone, SR has so many great folks with understanding.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I often feel alone, like no one understands and sometimes I enjoy my own company. It will get better, something nice might even be around the corner. New people? You never know x
Old 12-21-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

At the end of my drinking I had zero friends. Since joining The Fellowship of AA I have more friends than I can count. Real friends who I can count on for anything and people I do all sorts of fun things with.

Alcohol is a very jealous lover it wants us alone because people that care about us screw up our drinking.

Loneliness is within our control with the first at being put in the plug in the jug
Old 12-21-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateL View Post
I often feel alone, like no one understands and sometimes I enjoy my own company. It will get better, something nice might even be around the corner. New people? You never know x
i hope so I really need something
Old 12-21-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there Liss. If you are feeling alone and lonely reach out to someone. Call someone. No one knows that you need contact until you tell them. I've started to feel comfortable in my own skin but it has taken time and sobriety. The phone to me was always an evil instrument of torture. I hated to talk on the phone. I still hate the phone for the most but it is sometimes a lifeline when I need human contact. If the phone is too much at the moment, come here.

It can get better if you give it a chance. It did for me.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Do you go to meetings? I never feel alone at meetings, or on this forum.

I'm an isolator by trade and drinking always made it worse. I have to work really hard now to find the balance between the alone time that I know I need and avoiding the isolation. Being alone causes me to spend way too much time in my head conjuring up why people don't like me or wallow in self pity because I think I'm "different". Glad you're reaching out here!!
Old 12-21-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Liss74, surprisingly for me loneliness is one of the issues that went away rather quickly. Yes, your addicted side is playing tricks on you. Rootin for ya.