Notices

Day 50

Old 12-20-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 50

Ugh, Some days are better than others! I had a good session with my therapist yesterday, and I feel like the program is starting to work for me. My wife wants to separate and we have three young boys, and not much money so I am anxious about that but taking one day at a time. I am fearful about going to her parents for the holidays, and life in general right now. I have a job, work from home in sales and it is ok, grateful for it, but it is hard because I have a five year old with me and it is hard to concentrate. Most days at the beginning I want to stay in bed and not face reality, but I do. It could be a lot worse, and I am grateful for the forums. I am trusting in God as my higher power and it helps. I think I am right where I am supposed to be today, even though I do not like it very much. I am going to meetings at AA often and finding support there and on SR. My goals are to get a better job, like I had before, be of service to others, and be a good dad. My life is unmanageable, and I am powerless over frugs and alcohol. It is as good a start as any. Just want to run, but wherever I go there I am! The emotions and mood swings are rough, and I am getting this off my chest. I do not want to pick up a drink or drug. I do want to be responsible and productive. The house is a mess, I am not eating very healthy, and smoking cigarettes too. I want to address that too soon but frirst things first. If this helps anyone, or if anyone can relate, Thanks is great. I am going to keep sharing and get this out of my head so I can do my best today. I have to get presents for the kids too and I am so overwhelmed right now. I am going to give it all to HP and do the next right thing. Thanks for letting me share!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 50 is fantastic......sending you a hug and prayer to cope with everything x
Old 12-20-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Waheyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 50! That's great.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, great job on day 50
Old 12-20-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

50 Days is fantastic!! . . . it's inspirational to hear about everything you have to deal with at the moment, and yet you have still remained Sober!!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I feel better after posting and seeing replies! I also feel better that wife is out of house and gone to work. Maybe separation will be better!
Old 12-20-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow is better Mark. Congrats on 50 days

D