Notices

Change is change

Old 12-19-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Change is change

Today I feel up and down, this new sobriety is full of mood swings and moments of peace. I am grateful for the moments of peace. I have to tell myself that if nothing changes nothing changes. It is like the growing pains of being a new born and it will balance out. Feeling feelings, uncomfortable as it is is a real part of life that all experience. New things for this alcoholic! 49 days and willing! Trusting God and abandoning reliance on self. Have a great day all. It is so much better than the hopelessness I felt such a short time ago. Will be working the steps and am currently going to AA meetings and I have a sponsor. Glad you are all here!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi markdad - i'm not really into God at this point in my life but yes, things WILL balance out Hang in there Xx
Old 12-19-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through! . . . the mood swings can be rough and can lead to going back to drinking, in order to numb them , but you seem to have a great support plan in place to prevent that.

Just think of all the good feelings that you can now start to experience without the numbness of alcohol!

Great stuff!!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Congrats on 49 days

I have found that not all days are good days but my worst day sober is better than my best day drunk.

the longer I am sober the good days come more frequently and the bad days are less severe.

I know exactly what you're talking about. learning to live is a challenge but it is a challenge that can be done a day at a time
Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all, I appreciate the extra support I get while I am going through my day. Amazing how after sobering up I realize how messed up my thinking has been and can get even Today! Feeling grateful.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Markdad you are doing great!! I am 27 days in and i understand the mood swings! Yesterday was rough but today is so much better!! Keep up the great work!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good job
Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you had a good day Markdad

D
Old 12-19-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Markdad, I'm Brian, alcoholic. I really like your attitude! We are close in sobriety dates, I am 56 days. Man I know what you mean about the mood swings! The stinking thinking can come out of nowhere and really weigh me down! Sponsors and conscious contact with our higher power are a blessing! Congratulations!
Old 12-19-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on your days so far. Totally get the ups and downs. Although they are better at 85 days, they are still there. Peaceful though and much much better than the hell hole I found myself in drinking. Here's to lots more time in sobriety!