Notices

alcohol/cocaine addict seeking sobriety

Old 12-19-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

alcohol/cocaine addict seeking sobriety

Hey guys, haven't posted here before, just found a thread and everyone seemed real nice so I thought I'd give it a try...
I am only 21 years old. I can't remember the last time I've gone a day without at least a couple beers in the past 2 - 2.5 years. I have done cocaine daily for the past 3 months or so. Before that I had only done cocaine occasionally, but lately it has been majorly escalating. In the past week and a half alone I have spent $2000 CAD on cocaine, in various cities. I could not even begin to count what I spent on alcohol. Alcohol has been a huge problem in my life since I was young, and the first time I got arrested I was 16, because I was drunk and thought it was a good idea to steal a bottle of alcohol. Since then, I have made many obscenely foolish and/or outright stupid decisions while drunk, including ones where I have gotten myself beaten very badly.
I just don't know where to go or what to do, I live in a small town with zero NA or AA meetings and most people I know are an alcoholic (my friends and family included) and very many of them abuse cocaine frequently.
Any advice?
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Also, to add, my problems began escalating especially after i began working for a high wage in the oilfield about four or five months ago. Now, even making what I do, I'm finding myself near broke...
Old 12-19-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

Congratulations, your 21 and you have realized you have a problem. You are way ahead already, and you have found this site. You are on your way.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I agree with Sparkydog. Great step in coming here
Old 12-19-2013, 04:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Clutchy! This website has been a tremendous asset for my sobriety. Glad you have joined us!
Old 12-19-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! This is a great place for support. You may also want to check out the substance addictions forum as well for advice regarding the cocaine. It's great that you are coming here now.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome clutchy, there is tons of support here. Glad you have joined us.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum clutchy!! I wouldn't worry too much about all the stuff that's in the past, most of us have many of those.

The important thing is your 21, you came online to an addiction Forum, and that is an amazing step forward, you'll find plenty of support here!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome clutchy. I think the most important question is do you REALLY WANT TO QUIT drinking and drugs. Because if you do then you have a great chance of doing that and turning your life around and becoming the person you want to be. Congratulations on the job by the way. Stick around and keep us posted
Old 12-19-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

to SR If I was your mom I would be SO proud of you for recognising and dealing with your problem at such a young age
Old 12-19-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Having worked in the oil patch, I know first hand how easy it is to fall into the drug path.. alcohol included. Good luck to you.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Clutchy - there's a ton of support here
If AA's your thing but there's no local meetings near you, what about an online meeting?

D
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well done Clutchy. I wish I had your insight at 21. Keep posting and reading. We are here for you!