Notices

Sooo gone

Old 12-19-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sooo gone

So I think I have hit the bottom and really don't give a **** if I get out. So we're does a person go from here
Old 12-19-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What someone is going to give me the magical answer. Right like I believe in the tooth fairy Just because your sober makes you the queen bee. Ha. Ha. So fing preach to me
Old 12-19-2013, 01:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well if your at the bottom, there's really only one way to move and thats up. Now it is possible to not move, but I don't think you want that option. Dude, it feels like that sometimes. I have been in those rough spots before where I just resigned myself to letting it all go. Anything in particular going on thats making you want to just give in?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I'm not gonna preach and have been where you are, in fact, I was stuck there for many years. You can do it and don't let slips put you off. People often have many before something clicks. I really hope you find some answers and climb back up. Good luck xxx
Old 12-19-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome Lawood. I think you do care whether you get out or not otherwise you wouldn't have posted. Stick around here. You can do this.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Not giving a sh!t is a defense mechanism; it often kicks in when you've reached the end of your rope. I dunno if there's a magic answer except this: Quit drinking for awhile and see what real life is. If you're like me you've been drunk so long you don't even know what normal is anymore.

That's not meant to be mean! You searched this place out so on some level you must want to change your life. And just realizing that means you're better off than you were a day ago!

Welcome to SR, Lawood!
Old 12-19-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi lawood

I think you care a little - we all do, or we wouldn't reach out to post here.

I won't preach to you but I am interested to know a little but more about your story.
There's a lot of support here encouragement and wisdom - I really hope you post again.

D
Old 12-19-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lawood View Post
So I think I have hit the bottom and really don't give a **** if I get out. So we're does a person go from here
Hi. Many here have had that feeling. I got sober because I wanted to after all the negatives I was going through when I was drinking. People told me and I believed it, I was headed for Prison, Early Death or the Mental Hospital. Non of those options appealed to me so I surrendered and chose sobriety. For myself it was a good choice.

It will work if we want it and do the work.

BE WELL
Old 12-19-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

H Lawood,

Like's been said, there's only one place to go from the bottom, that's upwards!

How do you get there? Everybody has their own path. Stuff that worked for me which may or may not work for you:

Keep in contact with others in recovery, on here, on-line, in support groups, anywhere you can. Surround yourself with people who share the same ideals, people within whom you see something you would like (more happiness, serenity, sobriety, healthy lifestyle). Exercise, meditate, eat healthily. Not all at the same time (you'll spill your food). Look within because that's where the real change happens. Once step at a time, little by little. Nothing is permanent, nothing is hopeless. Change is possible.

Best wishes.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Surprised someone who does not give a **** is posting on a sober website. Shows some inkling of care if you ask me. I know little about you or your circumstances so its difficult to give you any answer. For me I realized there or lists of levels lower in the elevator to hell. I was lucky enough to get off on B2 but have friends that took it much lower.

Stick around - no matter how low and what you may think you have done you can in fact turn it around and live a fulfilled life.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Honestly, I can add nothing more other than a warm welcome and invite to stay with us. Try 1 day- and welcome
Old 12-19-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

What someone is going to give me the magical answer.
On this forum that someone calls themself Lawood.

Best of Luck on your journey!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

preaching doesn't usually prove affective...so...welcome aboard. Read a lot, ask questions, vent when you need to.

I found it really helpful early on to have a recovery community, SR and I had face to face meetings which got me moving on a recovery program.

Recovery is possible, if we are willing to not back down and give up when things get uncomfortable, because it really does get better as we keep moving forward with it. The sucky, F it days get fewer and fewer and what once seemed impossible...living without booze and not obsessing about it, etc...becomes reality.

But for now...just take it a day at a time. Stay involved here and absorb some good information and honesty. It's catchy.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I appreciate the replies. I do apologize for what probably came out of anger in my words. This is probably true to a certain point but I also believe I am ashamed as well. I really try not to drink but I end up failing. Everyday and it is getting worse. I don't tell people what is going on with me because I have to put on a face and act like life is beautiful. If I ever let out what I hold I think I would be committed because no one can handle it. Even now as I write my thoughts are at war. Don't drink today/what time is it is the damn liqueur store open. This is a constant battle. I think part of me is just tiring to end things I really don't know I guess I will see if I fail again today. Thank you all again
Old 12-19-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

At the danger of sounding cliché, it does seem to get easier as time goes on. What I do is focus on the benefits I get from staying sober. I can drink if I want to, but I'd rather be sober because it's much more enjoyable. I find that works for me better than focusing on all the negative consequences that will surely come up if I do get trashed.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Don't sell your bottom short. Till it kills us, our drinking can always take our bottom lower.

Don't let it get that far.

It took me struggling to quit to realize that sobriety was more than not drinking and that recovery was more than the decision to quit. Do everything in your power to ready yourself for this journey.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I think what I am attempting to achieve could be called suicide by bottle. I really feel like I have given up. I started last January a half pint every day then by march I went to a pint in the last two months I have graduated to a whole bottle. I really do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I recently changed all my accounts to my sons name This is what tells me I truly have given up.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Everyone thinks I am so together. I am not
Old 12-19-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~sb

Sobriety is action.

AA
Rational Recovery
SMART
AVRT
Life Ring
Women for Sobriety

These are some choices....don't buy any alcohol, try to stay stopped on day at a time and pick one of these methods for your recovery
Old 12-19-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The only reason I keep writing is to keep me from going to get liqueur Can't do this all day but at least I made it this long today. For me it is not day by day it is second by second