Starting up an old hobby...

Old 06-14-2004, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Starting up an old hobby...

I had an incredibly long weekend, the AH had out his Mr. Hyde suit again, ugh. But I ran into a friend that I used to horseback ride with back before my son was born (almost six long years ago) and she said "let's start riding again." My first thought was, no I can't squeeze that in and if I do my H will be pi**ed off because it might interfere with his world. Then I shut my mouth before I could say that and thought "codie, codie, codie QUIT IT!!" So I am happy to say that starting next week I will be in the saddle twice a week!!
How many of you have given up every bit of yourselves to your SO's to keep from rocking the boat? My counselor asked me what hobbies I had, and it really struck a chord with me, because I just don't have any anymore. So now I am going to spend a little time on me, and I am so excited by the thought!
Have a good day!
Paula
Old 06-14-2004, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Paula!!
Old 06-14-2004, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yah Paula !
I gave up "every bit" of myself and didn't even realize I was doing it. I'm having a hard time even figuring out what it is I like to do - I haven't thought about it for so long. You're an inspiration !
L
Old 06-14-2004, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dax

I got my first horse when I was 19- a dream come true. I would starve to death before I would ever be without one. It is the only way I can truely relax. I am lucky enough to have them right in my backyard in the city of Houston. When things are going badly, I just remember God has given me my life long love- a horse,. May you foreveer be able to ride. Even when my H was drinking, he would never have cpmplained about my having a horse. He knows I ham easier to get along with after I have been out riding. hugs dax
Old 06-14-2004, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

I gave everything for my H.....only to realize I was only feeding into his selfishness. I finally woke up when I went o alanon and found out I was the one with the bigger problem. :sigh: Now I do what I want, and if he cant handle it, he will get over it. I have to live too. When I first started Ifelt a little guilty but I'm over that now and I am much happier for it. You will find comfort in returning to your own world. I know I am much happier today than I was yesterday.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

Ya know Lorelai, I am the same way. I changed everything about me and never even realized it til here lately. How scary to give everything about me away without seeing it happening. My what big blinders we have!! But I think we all need to go out and try something we always wanted to try, or do something that we let slip away because we have been too wrapped up in everyone else and then come back here and post how wonderful it was. We can inspire each other!!
Paula