Notices

Day 19!

Old 12-16-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 19!

Starting day 19 with some good feelings and thoughts. I know no medical advice here. Curious if others at this point noticed minor aches and pains. Nothing horrible or stabbing but some feeling that are new. Might be the healing or did they exist before and were masked? Each day seems better, and glad I've found a resource to share. Have not had that before and felt very alone with my "secret".
Old 12-16-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 19!!

Yeah first couple of weeks, felt like my body was trying to tell me something, I guess years of alcohol left a few things that needed repaired, the aches probably were always there but as you say were masked by more alcohol each day. Though if you are concerned about anything phsically then a trip for a checkup with a Dr would always be the best way forward.

SR is great for support, we don't have to be alone!!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Bill

D
Old 12-16-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been sober for two months and feel exhausted all the time. I sleep for 8 to 10 hours a night and on my days off I nap during the day. I have been to the Dr and everything is fine, my bodies healing from years of nearly daily abuse. It might be a good idea to see a dr if only to put your mind at rest. Congrats on 19 days! Well done, I wish you all the best.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congratulations x
Old 12-16-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good job, Bill! I know, no medical advice, but as the old saying goes, "listen to your body." Keep posting, it sounds like it's going well. I think you and me might be similar in that as soon as I found SR, things just started clicking. Don't get me wrong, sorbiety is not simple thing to maintain, but SR has given me the tools to keep this clean train rolling-did I just say, "clean train?" oh well, it's early. Onward!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 days Bill.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Way to go Bill. I found I was getting headaches, which had been masked by the painkillers I had been taking for my hangovers. The headaches were eye strain! My heartburn all but disappeared though!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great stuff bill well done. Your body may have some aches and pains but it really does thank you for stopping putting poison into it!! Keep up the good work and see a doctor if you don't improve. All the best