Using what I've learned here

Old 12-14-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Using what I've learned here

Thanks goodness I've been on this site for months now. I have learned a lot from everyone's posts, and feel like I have a leg up on my situation. Hopefully the divorce will be finalized soon, papers have been served...and I get an email from AXH asking if we can meet face to face and have a talk. I'm choosing not to respond to his email, because to me there is no point at all to entertaining a situation like that.

This site prepared me thankfully. Nothing good can come from a talk, I want to exercise no contact as soon as everything is finalized. I know this talk would be self serving manipulation for him and I'm not taking part. All of the posts about addicts/alcoholics recycling and coming back around helped. I didn't get angry or upset when I read the email, and I wasn't shocked. Thanks everyone for helping me prepare for the predictable actions of an addict!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you for knowing when you're done. So much energy is expended in trying to figure out what the right thing to do is all the time. It's refreshing to read that you know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, what is right for you. You go girl!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Liz! I don't think I would be in the mindset I am in now if it weren't for this site and everyone on it. There's no alanon/naranon around me at all so it's been great to get on here every day and get armed with the knowledge of addicts behavior and that everyone else has been through similar situations.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are a fast learner! Some of us have taken years to learn that! Kiddos to you and good luck in future responses. Good job!