RABF acknowledged by his family

Old 12-14-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RABF acknowledged by his family

Hi all.
Just want to say that over the weekend I spent quite a bit of time with RABFs family. There was family from out of town so we had 2 family dinners together.
Unexpectedly RABFs brother announced that he was very proud of his brother for continuing his sobriety & acknowledged the support I had given him. They discussed how hard it must have been for him.
RABF told me afterwards he felt a little uncomfortable over the topic conversation.
The next night the topic was bought up again. This time it was discussed a little more by my RABF. He told his story of how he'd tried to quit for a few weeks etc & never managing to get sober & then how I had given him the "under the influence" book to read & it all fell into place for him & he then knew he must give up for good. RABFs brother thanked me for loving his brother & sticking by him also.
So to all of you here on SR a big thankyou. I would never have known about the book until I joined SR, it helped me to understand & then pass it on for someone else to understand.
AS for RABF he has almost 1 year sober. Yay.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thankyou, Rosie, for that positive and encouraging post. We don't hear a lot of that around here, so it is wonderful to hear your good news.

Mike
Old 12-17-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is great news!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I read your post a while back and it stuck with me. I think it goes to show we never know what will strike change in someone, I think we need to take opportunities when we feel we should to reach out to our loved ones...(like simply sharing the book)...I feel God often works through us, but that can only happen if we are open to it.

Thanks for sharing !!