Notices

day 5 and its friday?#@!

Old 12-13-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5 and its friday?#@!

first of all you people are all great. I've only been using this one day yesterday and I can't believe how much it helped me. went to bed sober and woke up with a clear head the last 5 day's and I can't believe how good it feels.
makes me want to continue. usually by now I go have another drink or whatever. tonight is the night we usually go to the bar for happy hour and I get loaded up on Yeager before the bar and then continue on for happy hour and then finish myself off a couple hours later with 5 or 6 more shots of Jager n a couple more Budweisers and pass out on the couch. wake up in the morning and wonder what the heck happened last night what we have for dinner last night...did I make my wife mad on n onand feel guilty about it now its saturday so I decide to do the same thing Saturday and here we go???
I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do maybe take the dog for a walk at the time I usually go to the bar uh I don't know?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Planning to take the dog for a walk sounds like a great idea. I found that changing my daily routine was so very helpful in the early days. It gave me enough belief in myself to continue working on my recovery.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Take the dog for a walk....far away from any bars or convenience stores. I don't know how feasible that is where you live but a trek out into the sticks would be a good thing to do. As Anna said changing routines was very helpful in the early days.

Natom.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I second Anna, changing your hole routine is helpful. Have an early Dinner instead of the regular hour associated with pre-drinks.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I took your advice yesterday about an early dinner and that actually helped a lot. its been a long time since I walked the dog. the exercise would certainly be good for me and I know the dog would love it.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My early recovery was all about trying to figure out what to do with my time now that I wasn't hanging out in the bar all of the time. I made a list and put it on my fridge so I could refer as well as add to it. Checking in on SR often also helps!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job!! keep pushing through!!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done. Try to keep yourself entertained in a light hearted way. Keeps me going