Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Notices

Weekend thread come join us get through the weekend 13th 14th 15th of december 2013

Old 12-12-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello everyone ,
Welcome to the weekend thread . lets all muddle through till monday
Those with a bit of time inspire those with some time , those early on help keep those with some time from getting complacent .

The weekend is what you make of it , AV's might be screaming but what you gonna do, sit round ? or make the best of it ?

Remember specific questions, cries for help can get lost or buried in other threads so to be sure you get full SR support it'd be a good idea to start your own thread .

Come share your sober weekend , just say hello if thats all you want to say to touch base and check in or tell us how you plan to cope with the up's and down's …

Keep on trying , keep on working at it , never give in . A sober life is a worthwhile life for this guy .

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-12-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm in Xx
Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

me too I think I'll be around here a lot. I have a bit of a challenge coming up on Saturday night and will need some help to get through.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in for another weekend! After midnight Thursday p.m. over here so headed to bed. See y'all tomorrow for a sober Friday
Old 12-12-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Keep on trying , keep on working at it , never give in . A sober life is a worthwhile life
Thanks mecanix! Sometimes someone else knows just how to say exactly what you are thinking.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Heya Mecanix * ring ring * my Pommie friend, impeccable timing once again as it's Friday evening here and a beautiful 23C with a bit of a breeze.

Shortly I'm off to a dinner with friends at a local beachside restaurant. Nine months down the sober road I find that dinners out are a time when AV rears his head, so I'm planning other aspects of the evening -- who I'll see, what I'll wear, what I'll eat and what non alcoholic option I'll choose. Dessert will definitely be on my list, in the bad old days I'd skip it so I got more booze into me. Tonight I'll be making the most of the evening.

Saturday I work but then I'm coming home to plan which biscuits/cookies I'm going to bake for Christmas gifts, then I'll make up the doughs and freeze them. A bike ride and some gardening on Sunday will round things out nicely. Sober Sundays are still a gift.

* ring ring * Hop aboard sober people! Have a good one Mecanix!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am in. It's a bit of a landmark today for me. It's three months to the day. Had some cravings this week but am so determined not to go back to day one. I don't drink alcohol and I never will again. Keep up the good work everyone .
Old 12-12-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Count me in. The weather is wintery yet pleasant today... I think I'll try walking outside and spending some time outdoors this weekend. Oh... just noticed by the way... where are those? There are no friday cravings whatsoever. Progress that.

This will be an easy and breezy sober weekend.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toffee1 View Post
I am in. It's a bit of a landmark today for me. It's three months to the day. Had some cravings this week but am so determined not to go back to day one. I don't drink alcohol and I never will again. Keep up the good work everyone .
WELL DONE on 3 months!!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'm in. I have a 3-day weekend (Friday off), but the weather is supposed to be crummy. Rainy and cold - again!

- Christmas gift wrapping this morning while my wife and daughter are at work.
- I want to bust out at least 2 lessons for the online course I am taking.
- I have some bookkeeping to do to make my tax filing go more smoothly this year.
- I'm jonesing to build something (but what I want to build is more money than I want to spend right before Christmas, so I'll have to find something else!)
- BACON!

Old 12-13-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm in for this weekend!

I'm working tomorrow morning until 1pm, generally that makes Fri night a bit easier with cravings knowing my alarm will be going off at 7am, and I would like to feel fresh rather than hungover.

Sat night is going to be my biggest trial to date, xmas work night out, it's crazy how this particular event strikes fear into us, many have posted about the topic over the last few weeks, the 1 night of the year everyone goes out and gets hammered, and with the added peer pressure of work colleagues compared to friends outside of work.

Anyways I've scouted out in advance the drivers and those that will be leaving early due to having kids, that is going to be my group to mingle with all evening.

Sunday I'm hoping for a fresh/hangover free morning!!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's so smart, PK--to find out in advance who's going to be sober. I plan to have a quiet evening at home tonight. Tomorrow I'll hopefully do some reading, the tomorrow night we're celebrating my son's 16th birthday. Sunday I'm going to a banquet where they're actually not serving wine with dinner!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:31 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm in!!!!! Congrats toffe

My oldest daughter is receiving a pretty big award today at our state capital so that's exciting proud momma!

Nothing else major happening this weekend. Just lots of Christmas movies with my girls!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Weasel reporting for sober duty Sir!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am in ! Another sober weekend pls
Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Reporting in sir!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
~sb

It's a Hobbit weekend here!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
it's a hobbit weekend here!
+1
Old 12-13-2013, 02:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Over a foot of snow due Sunday! Squirrel away cooking and eating! I love snowy days. But being alone sucks. Oh well... Just more to eat.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

We'll be here, munching away with you in cyberspace, Weasel!