3 Days Away

Old 12-12-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Days Away

I can't believe that it has been 3 months since my ex fiancé has decided to focus on his recovery (at least I hope that was the real reason). At some point, I didn't think I would survive the beginning of our break up solely because I was still in denial/shock--not believing that someone I love could shut the door on me after telling him that I wanted nothing more than to support him in time of recovery. Now that the dust has started to slowly settle, reality is surfacing.

If everything had gone as planned, we would be married in 3 days. Though I have been more accepting of reality, my heart still sinks every single time I am reminded of how quickly the year has flown by and that we are nearing the end of the year.

sigh, I just miss him.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry SilentLove....I'm sorry your dreams were shattered. I think we all have those significant dates that remind us of events. The 3rd of every month is hard for me...it ticks away another month that my son is still lost in his addiction. And this time of year is incredibly difficult for so many. Please know I'm sending you kind thoughts....there has to a bigger plan for you...for him. Just be open to it when it arrives. xoxo
Old 12-12-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was going through the initial shock- I really needed my support network and to take care of myself. I am still grieving but the pain has subsided, and I owe that to leaning on those who understood and putting my needs first. You will heal- One day at a time.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

silentlove...you sound like you are in a healthier place. It is difficult, for sure, but at least you don't have to go backwards three months!
Old 12-13-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks to SR! If it wasn't for this place and the people on here, I don't think I would even come this close. This is an amazing place for people to learn about the disease. i have learned so much just from reading other people's responses. I hope to overcome this break up. Didn't think it would take this much energy out of me. I will keep relying on one day at a time to get me out of this funk.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

SilentLove, rootin for ya.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Silent,
So sorry these pesky dates have to come and remind us of some sad memories. You sound like you are doing better. With more time you will notice a big difference. MY son just broke his gf's heart after she had been there for him through everything when no one else was, and waited for him through rehab and sober living. The family is heart broken. She feels used and hurt as she should. Who knows why these things happen and yes they are so hurtful and painful but I believe God knows best and in time, someday, you will look back and have that answer. It is hard when there seems to be no good answers. Praying for healing and peace for you Silent.