where is your serenity today?

Old 06-13-2004, 11:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

where is your serenity today?

serenity is such a blessing. before alanon i never knew how much i had missed it in my life. today i found my serenity down by the lake. watching the orioles and the robins chirping. its nice to notice serenity so i can thank my HP for leading me here to this time and this place. i am right where i am supposed to be today.

how did you find yours today?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Same way I find it most days. First cup of coffee...out on the porch...looking up at the loblolly pine trees. Asking God and The Goddess to bless me, my children and my loved ones. It's a wonderful way to start the day.
Great post quietsins.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
getting stronger

yesterday I felt hopeless. My spouse (A) is leaving our home. Our 2 children our with inlaws for weekend.Iwas alone and angry. No energy smoking cigs drinking coffee not eating. I came here read some power posts. Quit feeling sorry for myself and then got my butt down to an open al anon meeting it was great. Came home ate came here again SR . Woke up planted some flowers (perrenials) cut the lawn. I took out my old stereo and rock and roll. I feel great again the old me Thank you step study for codie STEP 1 AWESOME . You people are fantastic oh ya I"ll watch the PISTONS ROCK tonight. Luv rock
Old 06-13-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey rock,
I'm glad you got back to the old you.
Doesn't it feel good?
Keep doing that, it's good for your soul.
Can't agree with you about the game though, I'm a Lakers girl.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today, I woke up with serenity. That may sound corny, but I have been blessed by so many gifts of this program and any morning I wake up looking forward to the day and all the beauty in it, I am serene.

I walked the beach this morning, as I often do, and that is a place where I feel very spiritually connected. The breathtaking beauty, listening to the birds, even dipping my feet into what is still very cold water, is just relaxing and makes me stand in awe of the consistancy of beauty in this world, always there but it takes my own awareness to really see it.

I also find serenity with my cat, who calms me when I get riled, comforts me when I am sad, and makes me laugh exactly when I need to.

And Rock, I am so happy that the Step Study is helping you!!!

Hugs
Ann
Old 06-13-2004, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rock -

Go Pistons!!!!!!! Hope they beat those Lakers up but good! (Sorry Gabe) I remember the glory years and would love to see them do it! I found serenity today when my grandkids sang Happy Birthday to me - way off tune but music to my ears anyway. I have discovered what takes away my serentity is the state bird of Minnesota - the MOSQUITO!!!!!!!

Hugs, Jo
Old 06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

a lovely thread

I like this question, where did I find serenity today?

It all kind of came over me at once, tonight as I was making dinner...

1) it was a beautiful sunny day, and I just love that
2) i had done some gardening, laundry, and dishes, and I felt such peace and appreciation for the cute little home i have to do them in
3) my best friend called and asked me to go with her for some photography work she does. I was just with her all day yesterday so I felt for sure I was on my own today. But she wanted me with her, and said I make it all so much better when I am there.
4) my daughter came home from a weekend camping trip with friends, and she had a gift for me! She had it behind her back and was just beaming with excitement to give it to me. It was a little jewelry box, the kind girls find so magical, with a beautiful ballerina picture on the top and a toy ballerina inside that spins to the music. I could imagine her love for me as she saw this treasure and had to buy it.

So much love and happiness is all around us, and yet we can take it for granted when we are so consumed by the addict in our lives.

And some of you will relate with this last thought... today was laundry day and my bedding has the 'springtime fresh' smell from the dryer sheets. I enjoy looking forward to my bed smelling like THAT all night now that my A is no longer in it. :wink1: