Notices

No Red Wine in 6 days!!!

Old 12-11-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Red Wine in 6 days!!!

Well I decided to try and cut red wine out of my life. It has been my vice for many years. I woke up last week really thinking about my choices and thought that maybe focusing on quitting drinking all together may not be the main focus but the main focus is the acknowledgement of my depression and anxiety issues which lead me to drink. Red wine is the one drink I seriously cant control - i can drink, and drink, and drink it... So I decided to say no more. It has been very hard but through the past 6 days I've had some white wine and a beer and that's all. Haven't gotten hammered at all. Its been great and I am feeling good about it. Going to try to continue with this choice and see where it leads me. Tonight I have a huge gig/work function so it will be extra hard but Im trying to stay focused on my goal. I guess I just needed to vent this so if you made it thru this vent, thanks
Old 12-11-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by copperfield View Post
It has been very hard but through the past 6 days I've had some white wine and a beer and that's all.

Going to try to continue with this choice and see where it leads me.
Good luck with that!!

My DOC is also red wine. I have played the above mentioned "switch the drink" game many, many times in the past. It always lead to the same outcome... I would always go back to the red because I just like it better than white. I never won this game...

Hence... that is why I am here today.

SR will be here when you discover your little experiment has turned into a colossal failure.

My best to you...
Old 12-11-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FourSeasons View Post
Good luck with that!!

My DOC is also red wine. I have played the above mentioned "switch the drink" game many, many times in the past. It always lead to the same outcome... I would always go back to the red because I just like it better than white. I never won this game...

Hence... that is why I am here today.

SR will be here when you discover your little experiment has turned into a colossal failure.

My best to you...
I would to agree. My drink of choice was white wine so i switched to vodka. Eventually went back to the wine. This experiment has been tried over and over, but i wish you well.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad your content with your experiment outcome thus far, copperfield.
I think a lot of us have tried those experiments and the outcomes are pertinent to the decisions we make today. Good luck on your journey
Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've spent the past year and probably subconsciously a few years before that trying to find someway to moderate. Switched booze, only weekends, just once a month, only buy a certain amount for each day, only special occasions, not on special occasions, just red wine, just white wine, only vodka!... Like others above have stated, it never worked for me either. :-(

I can't honestly say I feel excited about the fact that I will have to give up alcohol completely, but it's something I am learning to accept. I was beginning to get exhausted trying desperately to hold on to something that in the scheme of things, really is not that important. I really hope this new path works for you. I wanted it so badly to work for me. Good luck! :-)
Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

That's a start ! Good for you for recognizing you have a problem and making strides at addressing it.

Booze is booze though. Red, white, grape or grain. There is no good reason to drink any of it if you have a problem.

Its just a stupid neurotoxin anyway.

Backed and funded by the greedy.

And marketed to the ignorant.

Be well.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on 6 Days!!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I would guess that there are at least 10,000 posts on SR that say controlled drinking ended in failure for them but maybe you will be the 1 in 10,000. I play the lottery every once in a while but I dont expect to win
Old 12-11-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Best of luck x
Old 12-11-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Also, depression and anxiety will be made significantly worse by the ingestion of ANY alcohol whatsoever. I never realized this until I gave myself a few weeks alcohol free, felt like ten million bucks, and then decided to revisit drinking.

I did that twice during the last 130 days and went from being a hero to a zero in a split second.

Lesson learned.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good luck! And welcome!