Feeling weepy.........

Old 12-10-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling weepy.........

so came here instead of calling Ah who I am separated from. House Is peaceful- too quiet. I find myself going out to walk around and shop at nights - I take the Golden doodle with me on rides - I am lonely but know it is right. AH or course trying to be sweet when he does contact me - he has not been drinking quack quack. My parents have both died in the past 3 years- I miss them - I miss my Daddy's hugs- I am so blessed with great sons and sisters who are there for me. A lot to be thankful for. I ******* hate alcohol - I just hate it.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Redheadsusie,
I'm sorry you're feeling weepy.
Is there anything you could do to make you feel better? Watching a movie, reading a book, cooking maybe?
Easier said than done, I admit! Especially because I'm feeling the same.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Redheadsusie alcohol has a lot to answer for, my mum called it the demon drink.

So sorry you lost your mum and dad not so long ago, they are the only ones who give us unconditional love, except for our beloved pets, of course.

I'm pleased you have a close family with your sons and sisters for support.

You made me smile with your daddy's hugs, sounds wonderful, we was always a family of stiff upper lip, don't show emotions, which can cause lots of relationship problems . Even when my mum died I stood still her grave with no emotion showing, it's what my mum wanted, what she taught me.

Enjoy your peace and quiet with Golden doodle, the magic moments are so precious.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CgFox - Getting a massage this afternoon - that should put a smile on my face! Sorry you are feeling down too- the weather here is rainy and cold too so that is not helping. Just trying to remember all of my blessings and I have a lot as I am sure you do! Life is good!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. Hugs. The isolation and loneliness can set in and make things seem worse. Try to do something different an fun for yourself. Get a massage or manicure, enjoy the holiday lights, go to a painting class or pottery making, try a new exercise class, take a walk in a park, call your sons and sisters and if they are local invite them out for a dinner. Just getting out and doing things you don't normally do can get you out of a rut. Separation stinks but its what needed to happen. Hugs to you.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I was feeling particularly weepy and down in the aftermath of my divorce, many many years ago, a very good friend suggested to me that I try to see myself the way my dog saw me.

He was sorta joking. But it actually made me feel a bit better about myself. My girl didn't see me as lonely or unlovable or broken...she thought I was the Greatest Person in the WORLD!

(((Susie))) Maybe limiting your contact with him will help you move through this a little easier?
Old 12-10-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Susie -- I'm weepy alongside with you. We can sit here and be a bit weepy together. And maybe I can borrow your doodle and try to see myself with her eyes since I don't have a dog of my own? I love that idea that Kitty had.

It's difficult this time of year. It's like the gap between my reality (which, mind you, is far from bad) and the warm fuzzy holiday images just stabs me right in the heart.

I don't know what to do about it. I allow myself to cry. I allow myself to find joy where I can. And I wish we could sit here and listen to Christmas music and snuggle with your puppy and be a little weepy and make fun of ourselves together.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Redheadsusie View Post
so came here instead of calling Ah who I am separated from. House Is peaceful- too quiet. I find myself going out to walk around and shop at nights - I take the Golden doodle with me on rides - I am lonely but know it is right. AH or course trying to be sweet when he does contact me - he has not been drinking quack quack. My parents have both died in the past 3 years- I miss them - I miss my Daddy's hugs- I am so blessed with great sons and sisters who are there for me. A lot to be thankful for. I ******* hate alcohol - I just hate it.
I hear you...I think we are all in the same boat. Good for you that you came here to get things off your chest instead of calling AH. Sometimes a peaceful house is a blessing -- peace is a blessing! I was just telling someone else how I wish I could take off for a month in the middle of no where and just be in perfect silence with the exception of Gods creation around me.
I am still with my AH but I am just as lonely as you are separated from him.
My momma passed two years ago. I miss her too. And yes, I hate alcohol and what it does to family.
Im giving you a big hug! It will get better!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You guys are wonderful I do love what you said about my dog last night she just hopped all up on my lap and laid on me for about 2 hours like she was a 10 lb lap dog but she weighs 70 lbs she adores me as I do her and when I cried she licked my face and just gave me great comfort I am truly thankful for her and all of your support we all have each other hang in there friends
Old 12-10-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll bet that your dog does not pee on the floor like your Xhusband did either.

do you miss *that*?

hope you feel better! my neighbors have a Golden Doodle, she is very "hoppy" like a rabbit.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hugs. Isn't it amazing how our pets can be so tuned into our emotions? I hope you're feeling better after your massage.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fandy- My x husband pooped on the floor - get your bodily functions straight and No she does not. hahaha :-)