To my SR friends & all solo parents out there

Old 12-10-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To my SR friends & all solo parents out there

This time of year is a time to reflect.
It is always extremely busy but usually extremely rewarding.
Lastnight my 13yr old graduated as head girl. She got her makeup & hair done & wore a beautiful dress. She gave a speech & cut the cake with the head boy & represented what a role model should be. I am so proud of her.
She moves to a different school next year & they have already shown me I've made the right choice in school.
Tonight I had prizegiving for both my daughters. My 13yr old was awarded year8 academic excellence & excellence in French. She has also gained a scholarship for her new school.
My 10 yr old was awarded year 5 diligence & year 6 seat on the school council.
Wow, I am such a proud Mum.
We have all worked hard all year & this day reflects on the commitment & hard work a family can put in regardless of whether it is a 1 or 2 parent family.
So to all you 1 parent families out there, dreams really do come true.
Oh & why is it that I should even be going through a custody battle for my kids at this stage in their life & 7 years after separation when they clearly have a stable, reliable home in which to thrive in?
That I will never really be able to understand but for the moment I & my children are thrilled.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rosie, congratulations to both your kids, and to you for managing to keep them on track and focused in the middle of the craziness!

And thank you for the reminder to celebrate. I have a tendency to bite down and keep going - and I think celebrating the things that happen along the way, big and small, makes life much more fun.

And I will pray that the courts will see how solid and loving your home is and out your children's best first
Old 12-10-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

They sound like wonderful kids and they have such a great mom! Hugs to you, hope you have a truly blessed holiday season!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rosie, that is positively WONDERFUL. Congrats to both of your girls AND to you for all of your hard work!!!!

I can never get enough of these kinds of threads, thanks so much for taking the time to share!