Notices

Fall in love with who you are

Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Fall in love with who you are

Okay so Im not used to posting on a forum to random people. This is a new experience to me. Feel free to call me foxchalk- Im currently 18. I was born and raised in AZ with my mom and twin brother. Been in Cali with my dad for 8 years. Graduated highschool currently working 2 part-times.

I felt the need to join this site because as of today I started a 2 month sobriety goal. Didn't coordinate it all out well but in theory I will be going cold turkey from drinking, drugs, cigarettes, and chocolate. I feel like I dont know how to replace these 'accessories' in my life, or cope with the task of quitting.

Track record! Ah, okay so I've been smoking cigarettes for about a year and a half. Since my first cigarette I've gone from one a day to approx 15. Never really quit for more than 2 days at a time. Cigarettes are my strongest addiction by far.
I started smoking weed within a week of starting cigarettes. I have occasionally quit, anywhere from a couple weeks to 3 months ish. I dont feel like I'll have a difficult time not toking.
Febuary this year I tried LSD (acid) for the first time. Have tried it approx five times total only taking one tab each time. Love hate relationship because I enjoy tripping- minus some bad trips. (might try and describe later...)

Its December now, on the 5th I was drinking with friends and tried coke for the first time. I had work all day the next day so I was given adderall for the first time, to keep me from crashing. Didn't go to work because even if I was awake and alert-- no one accounted me still being drunk.
All day on the 6th I couldn't sleep, even after smoking weed. 7th I was with some friends and was offered shrooms. Tried that for the first time.
On the 8th I'm usually at Sunset Arcade-- its a rave in SF. Originally went there sober the past three times or so I've been on some sort of substance. This sunday I tried moonrocks and stardust. Dont know the specifics but a mix of approx 5 drugs. Coke, molly, etc. (another first)

I feel immense guilt when i do drugs in general and I feel like I went off the deep end in the past 3 days. It scares me how little I use self control when it comes to taking drugs.

Dont know what else to say or how to close up this post but thanks for reading. ^^
Old 12-09-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I hope the support from this amazing site can help you live a clean and sober life. It's been a lot of help to me and many others here.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are young and smart. The downward spiral can creep on you fast. Don't waste 20 years like I did please. Keep seeking help here we will support you.
Blessings
Old 12-09-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's a ton of support encouragement and wisdom here - welcome foxchalk

D
Old 12-09-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Foxchalk, you have a lot of insight for someone so young. Most people your age are content to plunge ahead without recognizing the risks they are taking. Congratulations for having the courage to change. Good luck. And welcome to SR.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Foxchalk, I'm going to totally sound like the old guy (and I guess I am), but when I look back I see so many "red flags" that I did not pay attention to. I wish I had. It sounds like you are paying attention to the signs-you are wise beyond your years for this. Keep posting. Let us know how its going. Lots of help, insight, and support here on SR.