Notices

im not here

Old 12-09-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Unhappy im not here

have had really bad family thing going on past weeks.

Now ive decided that after xmas is I will give up. I know I said it before, for my bday, but this time I have no option.

So I am getting myself together and work on myself mentaly and get this done.

I have 3 wks in doing this so no excuse in my new year to keep going on drinking.

As yet I don't know my back up yet, will work on it. I have psychotherapy once a week and not sure if will keep up alchol appointment or not. doing that I know I am freeing myself to work on myself than being stressed in meeting all meetings and appointments and work.

I know this is early in writing this,, but as I said I am getting my head together and going to do this.

I don't celibrate new year so im thinking of my starting date. Prob day before. not sure, still working my head around it.

sry not posted in a while. xx
Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Sorry to read that you continue to struggle to remain sober.

Don't wait until the new year or whatever future day you pick to quit. Who know what will happen in three weeks. You can only control today. So quit today.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Good luck with it. At least your thoughts are going in the right direction.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

We're always here. Come back when you're ready. Best of luck.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with Carl, Erratic - 3 weeks can be a long time...a lot of bad stuff can come from people like us drinking...

I ruined more than my share of Christmasses, and I never managed to stop on NYE either...it was usually March before I pulled up again.

why not consider stopping now? why settle for second best?
lots of us will be having sober Christmasses - why not join us?

D
Old 12-09-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good advice so far from others. I agree. And, I can identify with the "I'll do it later" statement, been there myself. Thing was, later never came....I found that I only had success when I said "I am quitting today". Good luck.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Agreed. Today is a good day to start your recovery.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'll also throw in a vote for today
Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

I finally understood that whenever I quit, it would be 'now', and I chose 'right now'. I have never regretted my choice.

I remember very clearly the terror I felt when I thought about quitting drinking. I had stopped believing I could ever achieve anything, and I needed to make this thought go away, so I'd crack another bottle.

Looking back, it was my addiction that was terrified, not me. Once I sobered up, my natural talents and abilities, as limited as they are, proved to be more than up to the task of taking my through my life.

When you quit drinking, Erratic, and you know you will someday, you will be so pleased and relieved that this horrible miserable part of your life has ended. When you quit drinking, and you know you will, you will wonder why you waited so long. When you quit drinking, and you know you will, you will be free.

You can do this, Erratic, you can be who you know yourself to be. Make that commitment to yourself and your future, and make it 'now'. Onward!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you came back erratic. It's great news that you want to quit. I know it'll help you to be here with us.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AA member

I agree make a start today.

Three weeks is a long time if you are an Alcoholic,anything could happen.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time of it, Erratic. A plan to stop later is better than no plan at all, but stopping now is more practical. It's always now, and later will be now, too. What will be different in three weeks, three months or three years? It will probably be harder if you wait.

Still we all have to find our own way in life. We will still be here in three weeks, Erratic!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thanks for every ones reply and as usual I think they are all worthwhile and will think on it. My family situation is so at breaking point, meaning my daughter and im worried about her mental status. This is why I thought I will mentally prepare myself. Not many of u know I suffer from BPD borderline personality disorder and this has been my life so its not so easy unless I get help . I am and have a support I think just now. Hard for me to think about it. I am trying to help my daughter and get through what she needs. As always I will disregard myself as my daughter means more.

I do thank u all for ur response and yes I could think about doing it sooner xxx
Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

If your daughter posted that she was going to get help for her serious problem in 3 weeks (maybe) what would you tell her?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Me? I would actually understand.

Due to the waiting and fighting in getting help here is a problem.

Its been the 2nd time my daughter is seeking help and its taken my gp to get her that. The other problem is she has stomach probs and been going on for month and more.

Myself I at same time seen doctor is I got an appointment and she didn't. Her pain is causing some probs and I cant do anything about it. This is why I am looking into in getting a grip and be here more for her. I have tried.My problem is yes its causing her problems, but I am working on it.

I know that im the problem. However my probs also could cause more problems than the drink.

sry im just trying.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't understand why you're the problem erratic. You didn't cause your daughters illness.

D