Holidays

Old 12-08-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holidays

so after a rough weekend of feeling down things got better. Started decorating for Christmas, went out with friends for dinner, EVEN sent out Christmas cards. I haven't done that during my whole marriage, so apparently divorce gets you back to normalcy! I'm sure I will be a little sad on Christmas, but hopefully not!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Overit, hope things get better for you and you can enjoy your Christmas holidays. When we make the decision to be happy no matter what, we can find things to do that bring us happiness. Some days are harder than others but I am determined to have a wonderful Christmas and not let others spoil it for me. Find things that will bring you happiness Overit and before you know it, you will be happy and feel full of joy. Blessings to you Overit.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He lives up by my family now, so I will be spending the holidays where I am. I have a friend here that's going through a divorce as well, so we are all going to get together. I just don't want to get into a funk anymore, especially since this was my out since he was making my life miserable. I would also like this divorce over with so that I can move on when I want to and not have any legal ties to him. I know it sounds dumb but until we are legally divorced I won't be able to date if I want to-which isn't in my plans but if this goes on for over a year it's going to really irritate me! I would like my recovery to progress too and that means getting back out there eventually!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so glad you found another person to spend the holidays with! I understand your frustration and hopefully the divorce will not take too much time. I don't think your feeling frustrated is dumb at all. Getting back out and moving on is healthy when you feel ready.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you. The great thing about SR besides getting to vent is knowing that you aren't the only person in the world having these feelings!