Notices

Fast Metabolism Diet

Old 12-07-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Fast Metabolism Diet

Approaching two months continuous. 127 days sober out of the last 129. All of which I'm eternally greatful for.

But.....

Apparently, a calorie isn't a calorie isn't a calorie. And when you sub sweets for booze, you won't drop bunch of weight even if you aren't consuming nearly the same calories because 1. Fat calories and B. weird stuff happens to metabolisms both after forty and in sobriety.

I'm debating about trying this diet and was seeing if any of my partners in crime have tried this.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, you're right AO - a calorie isn't a calorie, but it doesn't take a fad diet to correct that. Avoid foods that have a high glycemic index (mostly simple sugars and refined carbs), minimize bad fats (saturated and trans), and eat lots of veggies, legumes and whole grains. A little poultry and fish is okay too. I can easily lose a pound a week just from eliminating all desserts other than fruit and low fat yogurt, and I gave up sodas a long time ago.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The best diet is one high in vegetables. If you want a fad diet, try the hunter gatherer diet. It is pretty rock solid.

I am adding green coffee bean extract to my regular eating habits and have upped my workouts. It usually takes two weeks for my metabolism to increase and I usually gain weight in the first two weeks and week three the lbs start to shed off. The coffee bean extract is supposed to double fat burn and seems fairly solid too. Who knows, maybe I will become addicted to it:-)

The single best diet is one you diary what you are eating.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LDT

Not all calories are created equal. Neither are all carbs. I eat a mostly Paleo/Primal diet, and I never have to count calories.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

paleo'ish/primal'ish eater under doctor's supervision. All blood work and medical test fantastic. Lost a tremendous amount of fat and gained a lot of muscle mass. Skin, hair, nails, eyes, just overall appearance is so much better. I'm into a size 4/6 with a weight loss of 30 - 40 pounds. I think I've pretty much settled into my ideal weight.

This is what my body does best with. I don't necessarily believe it's for everybody especially if there are religious/spiritual/moral beliefs regarding the eating of meat/fish.

I think it is always important to check with one's doctor if making a substantial diet change especially if one is dealing with diabetes or any body/organ disease.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Received View Post
paleo'ish/primal'ish eater under doctor's supervision. All blood work and medical test fantastic. Lost a tremendous amount of fat and gained a lot of muscle mass. Skin, hair, nails, eyes, just overall appearance is so much better. I'm into a size 4/6 with a weight loss of 30 - 40 pounds. I think I've pretty much settled into my ideal weight.

This is what my body does best with. I don't necessarily believe it's for everybody especially if there are religious/spiritual/moral beliefs regarding the eating of meat/fish.

I think it is always important to check with one's doctor if making a substantial diet change especially if one is dealing with diabetes or any body/organ disease.

Provide more details on your diet and routine if you don't mind
Old 12-07-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Same thing happened to me AO. I calculated I should lose at least 30 Lbs between the booze and pop. 10 came off that's it. I like the whole 9.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LDT

Forgot to add that by eating Paleo/Primal my inflammation issues have greatly improved. Ditto on the hair skin and nails improving . I'm also a huge fan of green smoothies.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Had to chime in as I'm pretty obsessed with weight control in the healthiest way possible. Paleo type eating works wonders for weightloss mood inflamation. I'm also a green smoothie gal. My fav is spinach honeydew kale mango.
I proudly say i was a former fatty but at just under 5'9" I'm barely 130lbs. You just don't gain weight eating this way!

But I bet you look amazing no matter what you weigh alpha! I think your light shines from inward out! I can "read" your personality!
Old 12-07-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Provide more details on your diet and routine if you don't mind
Hmmmm. Well, I cut out all refined sugars, processed oils, grains, most dairy, potatoes, etc. I eat a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates with a lot of fruit and greens/low starch veggies. My drink of choice is coconut water or just plain filtered water however I do drink coffee and even get a Venti Starbucks Frap every so often. I purposely lost additional weight in the anticipation of gaining weight once I quit smoking but I've not smoked since June'ish and continued to lose weight. My weight loss stabilized about 3 or 4 months ago and at 5'11" I weigh about 130 - 135. That may sound low to many but I am very small boned and willowy.

What specifically would you like to know?

ETA: I do "cheat" when I feel like it. For instance, at Thanksgiving I ate a portion of green bean casserole and whipped potatoes.