Notices

one more time trying again!!!!

Old 12-07-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow one more time trying again!!!!

I don't know how many times Ive tried to recover and be sober and clean. 2 rehabs, jail, $$$$$, jobs...etc etc etc. I am 48 hrs sober. and going through the mental crap. I am in a lot of pain joint pain, back pain... I think that is why I drank a lot this last time. ( crap excuse) anyway,,,, I'm still here! there is a reason! any insight or anything would help. I'm 54 on Monday and feel like 84.. facing legal , DUI, DV, $$$ lost job all this because I drank! period. All I can do is GO FORWARD!
Old 12-07-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! You'll find a lot of support here. I hope we can help you stay sober for good this time.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome

You gave yourself the best advice...go forward!
And never look back.
Take it easy.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

800BlackHawk, 48 hours sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. I'm 59 and on the 10th 3 years 6 months sober, and everything you described, the DUI's and junk is me too. Insight, your just to old to keep screwing up. Rootin for ya.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by 800BlackHawk View Post
I don't know how many times Ive tried to recover and be sober and clean. 2 rehabs, jail, $$$$$, jobs...etc etc etc. I am 48 hrs sober. and going through the mental crap. I am in a lot of pain joint pain, back pain... I think that is why I drank a lot this last time. ( crap excuse) anyway,,,, I'm still here! there is a reason! any insight or anything would help. I'm 54 on Monday and feel like 84.. facing legal , DUI, DV, $$$ lost job all this because I drank! period. All I can do is GO FORWARD!
Absolutely. Good thinking. You've said it all. Took relapse after relapse until I got well
Old 12-09-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ok since dec. 7th now it's the 9th my birthday... still sober. since then.. my wife has bought her bottle every day and went in her bedroom to drink ( she doesn't have a problem). She's drinking now and I'm scared. she's getting rude and loud.... But I am the only one with the problem.!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I want to leave but I can't... sold my car after I got my DUI she has the debit card, keys to her car and phone. and I am just trying to avoid.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

First it's 48 hours, then it will be 48 days first thing your know. Imagine how well you will feel then! Pain is temporary for a sober life happy
Old 12-09-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

take that back... 4 days... how does anyone do it? My spouse drinks and I am being sober.. at least 4 days now! She has ( I feel ) little respect enough to at least not drink while I'm around. WHAT NOW??
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Try to hang in there. I'm lucky to have a lot of support from my family and my wife wanted to quit too, we just started week 5. I'm 61 and the hangovers were killing me, I value my health and know I can't drink in moderation. I don't know how I would handle it if my wife was still drinking all the time. You have to think of yourself and what's good for you. Good luck, wish I had more helpful advice I could give you.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

that's OK... I wish she would quit too! especially the situation we are in $$$$ and p/t job and my legal issues. all that got me here was alcohol
Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Try to set boundaries with your wife. I certainly understand how hard it is to see her drink.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like with the situation you're in it would be best if you both quit but you can't force someone else, maybe the reality of things will sink in with her and you can set a good example. Good luck again
Old 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You can only focus on you. I had to get sober w my husband drinking daily in front of me. It was NOT easy.
I had to do it for me, for my sanity, for my health, for MY life.

You can escape from the prison of addiction, one day at a time. Just never give up fighting.
I had to decide that drinking was ABSOLUTELY not an option for me.
I had to want to be sober more than I wanted to drink.
You can do this.
I never thought I could. But I did.
Congrats on 4 days!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

THANKS ALL....! This was my first sober and clean Birthday in I don't know how many yrs. ( forgot a lot from the drunk high fog) My first! and by God's grace another will come. Thanks all for the encouragement for today! Just for today!