Notices

Rewards in abstinence

Old 12-07-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rewards in abstinence

I stopped smoking five days ago an out of the blue decision i hadn't given much consideration. A friend gave me a book that claimed its easy and i must stay i have found it surprisingly so. What has amazed me this week is that like my drinking my nicotine addiction is like a itch a fear that something is wrong, that in some ineffable way i am missing out and that there will be some great reward in scratching that itch. For today i am not going believe either addictions lies, for me there is no reward in substances, just the life of victim till the day i roll off the planet a dark dark place.... i came into recovery to stop drinking but am gaining so much more, some days i can really see that i am totally free and responsible to choose what is right, to grow up and see, to stop being a victim!!!, that i am completely in charge of where im at and have been been all along... it has taken me 38yrs to see this i have always had someone or something to blame or thank for the circumstances of my life.
I really do wish everyone well in there recovery today we are so blessed to have taken this chance and to have met so many wonderful people that support us as we them!!!