Notices

Sugarr & coffee intake on the rise

Old 12-06-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sugarr & coffee intake on the rise

Well, getting through my first 6 days wasn't toooo hard but I came very close to caving on several occasions. And I have noticed I am drinking more coffee and am more free with the sweets. I guess I figure I'm doing less harm doing that than binge drinking.
Thoughts?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

An increased sweet tooth seems to be pretty common - it was with me anyway.
Things like coffee and cigarettes seem to get a rise in use too with those who use them.

I didn't worry too much about it, myself, but if it's worrying you by all means try and limit your intake.

D
Old 12-06-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Read the book "under the influence". It explains how we are set upto process sugar in alcohol, and what that means when we quit.

The sugar thing can be a bit of a roller coaster,but in the beginning, it is absolutely necessary to combat cravings. In a nutshell, don't sweat the small stuff. Ice cream is your friend.

Congratulations on your sobriety!
Old 12-06-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In my first few weeks I did and ate anything I wanted to just as long as I didn't drink. Using chocolate , ice cream, cakes etc used to take the edge off any cravings I had. I think this is a tried and tested method to reduce cravings. If you are worried about extra calories why not try a reduced sugar/fat option. I have also seen on here a recipe for banana ice cream perhaps someone could repost that. In any case I am at day 86 and haven't had chocolate all week. The need for chocolate etc will wane as you progress so don't worry too much at this stage. Well done on getting the first week under your belt ,it will get easier and better!!. Good luck