June 6th Reading

Old 06-06-2002, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow June 6th Reading

(Good morning all, ok this is actually yesterdays, because yesterday I posted todays. You all have my word I will be correct tomorrow. (And we all know anons usually don't quack)

June 5th Reading

"Nobody" said and Al-Anon member, "seems to give us credit for the courage it takes to live with an alcoholic."
Of coarse it takes courage to beleive that no situation is hopeless, to keep cheerful when we have cause for despair, to resist the impulse to complain to others about our sorry lot. It takes courage to resist taking over the alcoholics responsibilites, until we accept the fact that we are only hindering his recovery by doing so.

Above all, it takes courage not to appear courageous as so many do, hoping for sympathy from relatives, friends, and neighbors. "Poor brave little woman" may be food for the self-pitying ego, but it weakens character and destroys dignity.

Todays Reminder~
Do I lack the confidence and the courage to do the things that will improve my situation? Am I afraid to let go of another persons obligations? Can I refrain from doing what can only hinder inprovement? I may not have the necessary strength and confidence, but I can find them by returning to God and asking for his guidence.

"Prayers for courage and guidence never go unanswered. But I must be ready to act on that guidence. "
Old 06-06-2002, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Thank you Bonbon,

I needed this today.

MG

Old 06-06-2002, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

This is for whoever is struggling today:

Do everything with a mind that lets go
Do not expect any praise or reward
If you let go a little, you will have a little peace,
If you let go alot, you will have alot of peace,
If you let go completely,
You will know complete peace and freedom,
Your struggles with the world will have come to an end.

(insight meditation) by Achaan Chah