Notices

6th 7th & 8th of december 2013 weekend thread come join in

Old 12-05-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

6th 7th & 8th of december 2013 weekend thread come join in

Hey everyone ,

It's the weekend, some people find it tough going . lets give them all something to read . sober people do sober and interesting things at the weekend ( debatable when you look at some hobbies but you get the idea, lets not get drawn into long and rambling discussions about that as thats not really the focus of what i'm trying to say here ) , being sober means your able to do a lot more things and do them better .

Let share what a sober weekend looks and feel like .

lets try and get through .

If you need to cry for help and get full SR support then starting your own thread in the newcomers area is a good idea as messages tucked away in other threads might get overlooked by some .

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wheeeee...I am in !! Another sober weekend pls !!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mecanix my main Pommie man your timing is impeccable! I've just come home on a sunny summer Friday evening. Where's our * ring ring * ?

* ring ring * * ring ring *
We have a dinner out with friends tomorrow night which I'm really looking forward to. Sunday will include a long bike ride if it's not too hot early on and if it is hot a dive in the surf when I am done. Baking as usual is on my agenda, there are some DVDs I'd like to watch and some Xmas gift making to finish off.

* ring ring * Have a good one sober people.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

*ring ring*
Sober weekends are the best! Definitely so much more relaxing than weekends spent drinking and hungover. It is really early Friday morning here. My plans for this weekend include attending my last day of classes for the term, doing some Christmas shopping, studying, writing my first exam, studying, enjoying a family member's birthday party celebration, and more studying (I have exams all next week).
Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm in for my 35th sober weekend, that's one for every year of my life.
Weekend plans christmas decorating to rival Clark W. Griswald!
Old 12-06-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Is that tintinnabulation?

NO! It's the weekend sober bell!

I am in this sober weekend like swimwear coming off a water slide!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe View Post
I'm in for my 35th sober weekend, that's one for every year of my life.
Weekend plans christmas decorating to rival Clark W. Griswald!
Imperfectly just don't dress like your avatar when you are dragging Christmas lights in your mouth across the snowy roof.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sober weekend here, as a matter of fact my 52nd weekend!!

My plans are to have a birthday party for my self, topped off with ice cream cake!!

Visit with sober friends
Go to an AA meeting, or two
Decorate house!!

GO ME and everyone wishing to have this wonderful life of sobriety!!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wasn't going to but now I might have to!!!!! . Then I'm sure to out do the neighbors!Attachment 20406

Last edited by ImperfectlyMe; 12-31-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Awesome picture!!!!! Love the movie!!!
I just got done putting up 1500 LED's on the house, neighbors love me!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Let god do for you, what you cant do for yourself!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats chee! Congrats to everyone celebrating another sober weekend!

I went out last night and bought a $20 fake tree. I have zero Christmas stuff since I moved without all that. So I am going to have a ticky tacky little Christmas. Want to get some strange lights and god aweful ornaments. The tacky line moves a lot but I am sure to find something a little off. Lol

That's to break the mold of always having a traditional tree and just have fun with it all. This wil be fun!

Anyway! Ring ring!

Ken
Old 12-06-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ken, the greatest thing about decorating anything yourself, is that its you!! Tacky or not, 20.00 or 50.00 the meaning is still there.

I personally don't buy gifts, I either make them or give someone something they have commented on in my house, which isn't a lot so I make them.

It's pure enjoyment just having family and or friends around at Christmas, and for that matter any day of the week!

I gotta zip to work, Happy Friday
Old 12-06-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yay! A sober weekend. I was looking for this thread. And I found it! Work today and then what? My husband is working tonight and my son is sleeping over at a friend's house for the first time. Me and my daughter. I will read to her at bedtime and then probably do the same for myself. Tomorrow we are going to help decorate our church for Christmas. Then I must start thinking about Christmas shopping. Especially if I am going to order online.

I have to come up with something for Sunday.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
So I am going to have a ticky tacky little Christmas.
String your own popcorn!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flying4Life View Post
*ring ring*
Sober weekends are the best! Definitely so much more relaxing than weekends spent drinking and hungover. It is really early Friday morning here. My plans for this weekend include attending my last day of classes for the term, doing some Christmas shopping, studying, writing my first exam, studying, enjoying a family member's birthday party celebration, and more studying (I have exams all next week).
Sober weekends are absolutely the best. For me, gone are the times of "relaxing" on the weekend, getting totally blitzed on Fridays and Saturday nights and barely being able to get out of bed on Sunday, and forcing myself to crawl into work on a Monday morning all scatterbrained and lethargic.

It feels absolutely fantastic to get to be sober. It's like I was in prison for 15 years and now I'm released - I've served my drunk time and now I can enjoy the rest of my life being free.

Have a great weekend everybody.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Non...I can picture me coming home ... The popcorn gone... And for some reason the cats aren't asking to be fed. Nope. I going all plastic and shiny metals!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheebiechi View Post
Sober weekend here, as a matter of fact my 52nd weekend!!

My plans are to have a birthday party for my self, topped off with ice cream cake!!

Visit with sober friends
Go to an AA meeting, or two
Decorate house!!

GO ME and everyone wishing to have this wonderful life of sobriety!!
Congrats on your 52nd weekend being sober cheebiech! I can't wait til I get there too.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm in! We have a kids' Christmas party on Sunday, but tomorrow will be a day to get my house in order and finish getting the decorations up. We traveled for Thanksgiving and it's always so hard to get back to normal after traveling with kids and then coming straight back to a work week. Happy sober weekend, everyone!
Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
I went out last night and bought a $20 fake tree. I have zero Christmas stuff since I moved without all that. So I am going to have a ticky tacky little Christmas. Want to get some strange lights and god aweful ornaments. The tacky line moves a lot but I am sure to find something a little off. Lol

That's to break the mold of always having a traditional tree and just have fun with it all. This wil be fun!

Anyway! Ring ring!

Ken
I have the replica of the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree that I purchased at the drugstore one year in January for 70% off, so I got it for $5.
I am constantly working on one art project or another, so there is very little room for a traditional tree, besides, the cats would end up removing all the ornaments from a traditional tree.
I believe Christmas is a state of mind.

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Last year my brother and his family went away for Christmas but hosted a family gift exchange before leaving. They didnt put up a tree. He took a coat stand, basically a pole with hooks, and draped lights from it creating a tree shape, taping the ends to the floor. A festivus pole. We had a good time, especially kidding him about his tree. Very creative.