Notices

Second day sober

Old 12-04-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WMR

Second day sober

On day number two and still fill confident. However I did feel that nagging urge to bargain with myself to pick just a fee shots of Jameson on the way home from work. That it would be ok, I'm just tapering myself off. This is clearly the worst time of day for me given that it was my daily routine to stop and buy beer and a few shots of liqueur before heading home. A few days ago I did myself a favor and gave my credit and debt cards to my wife so I wouldn't be tempted to but today I had to keep my card to get gas. But I successfully shut down these feelings quickly and forgot about them. Reminding myself of the reason I was stopping to begin with and that the more I suck it up today the less I will suffer tomorrow. Being an infantryman we say "sweat in training so you don't bleed in combat" I feel that this can be applied just the same. Work harder today and tomorrow will come easier. I also believe my wife can see my determination this time and that gives me strength to ask not to never drink again but to just not drink today. I will deal with tomorrow when it gets here lol. Well that's my rant. It's never been easy for me to speak openly about my feelings and especially being an infantry soldier. So having a place to let it all out feels amazing.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome wmr! Keep up the great work . . .you will find lots of encouragement on this site.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're very proud of you WMR. It gets much easier as you go along. Congratulations on your 2 days sober!
Old 12-04-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

WMR, day 2 sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Rootin for ya.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on 2 Days!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes